Mac 1700 Question

skydvrboy

There is a Mac 1700 Nav/Comm that was in my plane when I got it.  I haven't been able to find a user manual either online or in the paperwork that came with the plane.  It has the ability to store up to 10 frequencies in each the nav and comm sides of the radio.  The problem is, I have no idea how to program those frequencies.  Anyone have one of these or know how to program the frequencies?

I'm doing some other fiddlin' with the plane tonight, so if I don't get an answer by then I'll try pushing buttons and see if I can stumble into it.

15 minutes ago, skydvrboy said:

There is a Mac 1700 Nav/Comm that was in my plane when I got it.  I haven't been able to find a user manual either online or in the paperwork that came with the plane.  It has the ability to store up to 10 frequencies in each the nav and comm sides of the radio.  The problem is, I have no idea how to program those frequencies.  Anyone have one of these or know how to program the frequencies?

I'm doing some other fiddlin' with the plane tonight, so if I don't get an answer by then I'll try pushing buttons and see if I can stumble into it.

I think the MAC 1700 is a TKM product. See if this works.

5aaab295953d1_TKMPOHScreenshot.thumb.JPG.c7360bd3cfe47335dee4cac08b477014.JPG

I think I may have figured it out when looking at a picture of the face plate.  I'm guessing the SPCH button means specify channel.  I think if I press that one it will get me into the edit mode.  Then I will need to either press the arrow button or the next up button to go to the next frequency.  There are only 3 buttons total so it can't be too hard.

Pressing next just brings up the next preset frequency, while pressing the arrow just swaps the active and standby frequency.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

I think the MAC 1700 is a TKM product. See if this works.

5aaab295953d1_TKMPOHScreenshot.thumb.JPG.c7360bd3cfe47335dee4cac08b477014.JPG

The MAC 1700 is a digital front installed on the old analog KX170/175 series radio, a different beast than a TKM radio.

Clarence

I hate threads that end without a definitive answer, so here goes.  Five minutes of button mashing and you can figure this thing out.  The SPCH button is in fact SPEECH.  It will tell you the current frequency and the standby frequency through your headset.

To set the channels use the next up button to select the channel you want to change.  Set the frequency and then select next up again.  If you push the arrow button the frequency will flip flop but it will not change the preset frequency.  That's pretty much it for changing frequencies.

There are also some timing features that can be obtained by holding down the SPCH button, but I didn't fully explore those.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, ukrsindicat@yahoo.com said:

I would gladly get this manual from you as well if you don't mind.  I have no idea what to do with this device. I will PM you

Try this.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Mark%20&%20Angela/My%20Documents/Downloads/MAC1700Radio.pdf

If that doesn't work, do a google search for "mccoy mac-1700 vtx nav/comm manual" and follow the short-wing piper link.

I’ve really come to like this radio.   You can store and recall, in order, all of your departure and arrival frequencies, plus a couple in-route if you wish.  Same for the Nav frequencies if you still do VOR routes.  The one drawback, it does have a lot of additional features (timers, etc.) that I don't use because they aren't intuitive.

Edited by skydvrboy
  • Like 2

Ok, that’s pretty funny. I didn’t even read the link, just copied and pasted from my browser window. I first used the iPad, but it only showed the first page, so I tried again from the PC. Oh well, the google search will take them right to.pdf file.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 12:10 AM, skydvrboy said:

Try this.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Mark%20&%20Angela/My%20Documents/Downloads/MAC1700Radio.pdf

If that doesn't work, do a google search for "mccoy mac-1700 vtx nav/comm manual" and follow the short-wing piper link.

I’ve really come to like this radio.   You can store and recall, in order, all of your departure and arrival frequencies, plus a couple in-route if you wish.  Same for the Nav frequencies if you still do VOR routes.  The one drawback, it does have a lot of additional features (timers, etc.) that I don't use because they aren't intuitive.

Thank you, guys. For whatever reason, I wasn't able to pull the pdf with link...Also google search didn't turn anything. Is there a way that you can either email it or attach the manual to your PM within this website? I sent you a PM

• 1 year later...