65 M20E Pre-Buy Help! STAT!!

HwkIFan

Folks, 

I'm pushing this out as a last option and could use some serious help.  I'm looking at possibly buying a 65 M20E and will be getting on a plane from Las Vegas NV to Charlotte NC in an hour for the pre-buy inspection, transition training, and ideally the long flight back.  PROBLEM: The A&P that is currently scheduled to do the work is sick and unsure if they can make the trip.  He was bringing standard tools to pull panels, compression tester, boroscope, etc...  SO NOW I'M POSSIBLY IN A PINCH (if he can't make it) What would really use your help with:

1. A Charlotte NC area (or even east coast) Mooney Smart A&P able to do a pre-buy inspection tomorrow or Friday.  The plane is located a 8A6 (Wilgrove Air Park).  Seller has jacks, a hanger to do the pre-buy, air compressor for compression checks...small airport

2. Transition training.  My insurance requires 5 hours of dual instruction in the plane

If you know of anyone, that can help, my cell number 702-423-4699.  Fly into Charlotte tonight.  Escape plan in plane not up to snuff or I can't find anyone to assist...leave Charlotte early Saturday morning on a Southwest flight.

Appreciate any help I can get on this.  My A&P is also beating the bushes but he lives in TX...

Cheers,

Matt

4 minutes ago, HwkIFan said:

Folks, 

I'm pushing this out as a last option and could use some serious help.  I'm looking at possibly buying a 65 M20E and will be getting on a plane from Las Vegas NV to Charlotte NC in an hour for the pre-buy inspection, transition training, and ideally the long flight back.  PROBLEM: The A&P that is currently scheduled to do the work is sick and unsure if they can make the trip.  He was bringing standard tools to pull panels, compression tester, boroscope, etc...  SO NOW I'M POSSIBLY IN A PINCH (if he can't make it) What would really use your help with:

1. A Charlotte NC area (or even east coast) Mooney Smart A&P able to do a pre-buy inspection tomorrow or Friday.  The plane is located a 8A6 (Wilgrove Air Park).  Seller has jacks, a hanger to do the pre-buy, air compressor for compression checks...small airport

2. Transition training.  My insurance requires 5 hours of dual instruction in the plane

If you know of anyone, that can help, my cell number 702-423-4699.  Fly into Charlotte tonight.  Escape plan in plane not up to snuff or I can't find anyone to assist...leave Charlotte early Saturday morning on a Southwest flight.

Appreciate any help I can get on this.  My A&P is also beating the bushes but he lives in TX...

Cheers,

Matt

Reach out to Bob Belville on this site. I am not sure if the MSC he uses in this area would want to get involved, but it is worth a try. I think Lynn is the name of the mechanic.

@Bob_Belville, calling Bob for you.  I am located near by (Lincolnton) and will help any way I can.  Lynn is the IA at a Mooney Service Center in Foothills NC, about 2 hr drive from Wilgrove.

Mr Belville, if you get this and talk to Lynn, let him know I will assist if needed.

Ron

You guys are Great!   Update...found a pre-buy location...Hall Aviation in Cheraw KCQW (~45 nm southeast of Wilgrove) and they can get it done tomorrow afternoon or Friday.  Now I need a CFI for A) fly with me to KCQW and check some of the systems and B. help me work off my 5 hour dual requirement.  

Any assistance here would be awesome.

Cheers,

(Sheese...buyin a plane can be interesting)

You guys are Great!   Update...found a pre-buy location...Hall Aviation in Cheraw KCQW (~45 nm southeast of Wilgrove) and they can get it done tomorrow afternoon or Friday.  Now I need a CFI for A) fly with me to KCQW and check some of the systems and B. help me work off my 5 hour dual requirement.  

Any assistance here would be awesome.

Cheers,

(Sheese...buyin a plane can be interesting)

I probably just posted the same thing twice...technology...hmm

Here's hoping this all works out for you.

It's a bit concerning that the pre-buy will amount to just a few hours in the seller's hangar. I would have much preferred to see the plane flown to Lynn's hangar for a pre-buy that might take a few days and be much more comprehensive. After that, assuming all is well and still moving forward, schedule a trip to pick the plane up and get transition training. 

But hoping for the best...

22 minutes ago, Marcopolo said:

@Bob_Belville, calling Bob for you.  I am located near by (Lincolnton) and will help any way I can.  Lynn is the IA at a Mooney Service Center in Foothills NC, about 2 hr drive from Wilgrove.

Mr Belville, if you get this and talk to Lynn, let him know I will assist if needed.

Ron

Thanks Ron, I was with Lynn @AGL Aviationwhen I saw your post. Glad to hear that Matt has it covered, Lynn would be hard pressed to take a day away from the shop this week. (We're adding my 2nd landing light this afternoon. 

• Like 1

coupl'a things........1) I asked the nice people over at AGL if they would go take a look at a plane much closer to them than wilgrove and they were unable to do so.  hopefully they can accommodate you with that request.  I ended up getting the plane over to them for the inspection.  2) I have to imagine this is DrBill's E.  I have several hours with Bill in that plane.  430, adsb, stec30....should make a nice traveler if you pick it up.  I wish Bill was able to fly more but I don't think that is the case.  I know he's a meticulous fella and didn't delay on mx.  3) unfortunately I have to work tonite or else I'd say let's meet up for a beer.  good luck!