What Jacks do you Reccommend?

MBDiagMan

7 hours ago, CMMPilot said:

Robert,

I am interested in fabricating a set of these as you did. I like the design and think it looks solid.  Please send me the CAD and cut sheet. 

I can send you my e-mail if it's easier.  Thanks, Chris

Here ya go

Mooney Wing Jacks.pdf

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello all,

I wanted to ask for pireps on harbor freight long-ram bottle jacks.  I thought of using them to replace the jacks in the aircraft jacks that were handed down by my friend who owns a Debonair.  I'll re-use the base and support structure.  Unfortunately they started creeping down, like 1" over 24 hrs.  That's not too bad if you're doing a gear swing or replacing tires, but unacceptable for me. 

Yes yes, harbor freight is chinese stuff, but honestly; what isn't made-in-china nowadays?  Do you have any pireps on those jacks?  Do they work fine?  Do they creep down?  

Thanks.

2 hours ago, FlyingDude said:

Hello all,

I wanted to ask for pireps on harbor freight long-ram bottle jacks.  I thought of using them to replace the jacks in the aircraft jacks that were handed down by my friend who owns a Debonair.  I'll re-use the base and support structure.  Unfortunately they started creeping down, like 1" over 24 hrs.  That's not too bad if you're doing a gear swing or replacing tires, but unacceptable for me. 

Yes yes, harbor freight is chinese stuff, but honestly; what isn't made-in-china nowadays?  Do you have any pireps on those jacks?  Do they work fine?  Do they creep down?  

Thanks.

Try pumping until the rams are fully extended and then pump an additional 10 to 20 times with the ram against the stop. Jacks that sit dormant for months on end often leak down. I do not know why driving fluid through them with the ram fully extended sometimes solves the issue but it does. 

• Thanks 1