Instrument rated!

congratulations on your IR :D:) Now go out use it and continue to learn.

I used mine today for 2 flights that would have not been possible with out it.  I also had to deviate due to weather on my return trip just 15 minutes from my destination.  Stopped ate lunch the weather passed and I continued on for the final 15 minute flight home.  One other note when I passed my check ride I had to use my newly minted IR to get me and my instructor home from the same airport I stopped at today to wait out the weather.  Go figure.:unsure:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DXB said:

Congratulations!!  Any tips/ insights?  Mine is not too far off... 

Get a good examiner.   That's the best tip I can give, lol.   Don't fly too high or too low.  Know your weather.   That was my weakest part.   Acceptable, but weak

• Like 1

Congratulations! As a 1 yr ir rated pilot take your first Solo Imc flights seriously. Know the weather in and out and have an out to clear weather when you shoot your first practice approaches. Things are very different the first time there is no instructor next to you to help out.

But seriously you should be very proud 

10 hours ago, steingar said:

They have clouds in the Zone?

Believe it or not, yesterday was a perfect IFR day.  DVT was 3.1 vis, 2100’ ceilings.  I very nearly couldn’t even fly from DVT to SDL to meet the examiner.  We had to fly a very different check ride than he’s used too because the ceilings were so low we couldn’t shoot any of the approaches he wanted to use without us actually filing.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Believe it or not, yesterday was a perfect IFR day.  DVT was 3.1 vis, 2100’ ceilings.  I very nearly couldn’t even fly from DVT to SDL to meet the examiner.  We had to fly a very different check ride than he’s used too because the ceilings were so low we couldn’t shoot any of the approaches he wanted to use without us actually filing.  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations Brice on getting your IFR rating. I was at the airport when you contacted ground and switched frequencies to listen to your clearance. Set your personal minimums and stick with them. It can be very challenging in real IMC so leave yourself an out. :)