Club

27 minutes ago, Fred_2O said:

I'm +1.  We need a fly in with Palm Trees- in the winter.  Hell yeah.

@Rookie, I just proposed "Gulf Coast Mooniacs", a club for Mooniacs in states on the gulf coast and their neighbors.   This definition could change.  Need @Hank to invite other members, cause I'm a nOOb.

20 hours ago, Fred_2O said:

@Rookie, I just proposed "Gulf Coast Mooniacs", a club for Mooniacs in states on the gulf coast and their neighbors.   This definition could change.  Need @Hank to invite other members, cause I'm a nOOb.

I would be interested.

On 3/11/2018 at 8:20 PM, Marauder said:

East Coast Mooney Fans? I’m on the east coast and I never heard of them. Most of us belong to the NJ Mooney Pilots group on Yahoo. We still it “NJ” despite most of us are from all over the mid Atlantic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How do I join the Jersey boys?

11 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

I am?  But I don't get any notifications.  Do I need to do something to get notifications?

NJ - where is that again?  Is that near Beyonne?

Check with Stinky Pants but it is all email based so you should be seeing everything sent. The last one was the Reading PA fly-inaround the middle of March. Did you see that one?

51 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Check with Stinky Pants but it is all email based so you should be seeing everything sent. The last one was the Reading PA fly-inaround the middle of March. Did you see that one?

No - I don’t think I’ve ever seen one.

11 hours ago, Rookie said:

I would be interested.

Hi @Rookie.  The Gulf Coast Mooniacs club appears on the clubs tab, but when I click on it the message is:

This club has not been approved yet

Until a moderator approves this club, only you can see it.

I'll let you know when it is approved.

-Fred

• Like 1

On April 24, 2018 at 11:54 PM, Fred_2O said:

That's a lot of area, there is something like 1700 miles of coastline 

13 hours ago, Fred_2O said:

Hi @Rookie.  The Gulf Coast Mooniacs club appears on the clubs tab, but when I click on it the message is:

This club has not been approved yet

Until a moderator approves this club, only you can see it.

I'll let you know when it is approved.

-Fred

Just learned that Gulf Coast Mooniacs IS NOW APPROVED   Members Wanted!   @Rookie @Hank @RLCarter  I see a fly-in in the not too distant future to kick things off?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 9:43 PM, Fred_2O said:

Just learned that Gulf Coast Mooniacs IS NOW APPROVED   Members Wanted!   @Rookie @Hank @RLCarter  I see a fly-in in the not too distant future to kick things off?

Sounds good to me. Just need a break in the weather, loo,s like a long, rainy holiday weekend here . . . .

On 5/22/2018 at 8:41 PM, Hank said:

Sounds good to me. Just need a break in the weather, loo,s like a long, rainy holiday weekend here . . . .

You ain't kidding.   Looks like a soggy one.  If it pans out there won't be any VFR flight from Sunday through the middle of next week!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 9:43 PM, Fred_2O said:

Looks like some stuff can be turned on in a "club" to allow messages calendars etc specific to the club @mooniac58 are those switches you have to throw?

Leaders can customize their club with a photo and banner image, plus add additional data based on admin-defined custom fields - great for filtering clubs by interest or by giving prospective members an idea of whether the club interests them.

Club leaders are also in control of the content areas within their club. They can add new forums, calendars, download areas and image galleries, without needing admin assistance.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 4:34 PM, Mike Ropers said:

Looks like some stuff can be turned on in a "club" to allow messages calendars etc specific to the club @mooniac58 are those switches you have to throw?

Leaders can customize their club with a photo and banner image, plus add additional data based on admin-defined custom fields - great for filtering clubs by interest or by giving prospective members an idea of whether the club interests them.

Club leaders are also in control of the content areas within their club. They can add new forums, calendars, download areas and image galleries, without needing admin assistance.

An event calendar is a great idea.   I hope all club members can post to it?

On 6/9/2018 at 9:48 AM, Fred_2O said:

An event calendar is a great idea.   I hope all club members can post to it?

I would think so  - as the club owner I believe you may have some extra controls and would have to set it up.  I created an event in the main calendar for Osh18 in July - pretty cool.