Scanning Logbooks

INA201

I keep a hard copy of all my aircraft documents in a file at the hangar. I figure the odds of a fire or any other destruction at both home and hangar are virtually non-existent. I update them twice a year.

39 minutes ago, toto said:

I use an app called “Tiny Scanner.” Available for iOS and Android. Costs about 5 bucks but produces a very readable PDF copy.

I scan everything from logbooks to 337 forms to flight manuals with that app. 

Tiny Scanner is great. I got it free . . .

Thanks guys. I have a Dropbox account but haven’t used it much. I’m gonna grab one of the apps and get it all stored online.  It will be nice to be able to access all this stuff too wherever I am at the time.

I took digital photos of the logs and other permanent records then inserted them into a word doc, on the hand written entries I typed out what was written (makes it easier to read) below the photo. I spent one to two hours a night until it was done, then update it when ever an entry is made, keep a copy on my PC and one on a thumb drive