Holding up my avionics work....

So my local avionics guy has my bird in line to do some work, but it is behind my buddy's 252. His came out today but I need mine next week, so I have to put it off for a month.

This is what I was queued up behind. He flies his plane 400-500 hours a year for his business.

Terry.jpeg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bradp said:

Hard to get lost ... nice panel.  Same folks that did Paul’s? I noticed the G5 / Aspen combo and those aren’t very common. 

I was gonna say, wow that panel looks very familiar. What shop did this work?

14 minutes ago, bradp said:

Hard to get lost ... nice panel.  Same folks that did Paul’s? I noticed the G5 / Aspen combo and those aren’t very common. 

4 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I was gonna say, wow that panel looks very familiar. What shop did this work?

Holder Aviation in Pell City, AL (KPLR). Our little country airport has him and a Mooney-trained mechanic with 30+ years experience at a former MSC in Atlanta.

I won't say I coached him into copying your panel, Paul, but I may have shown him a photo or two....

Unfortunately, I don't have a EDM 900 to go in my panel - yet - so I will still have my original one with a few blanks filling empty holes.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 4:16 PM, gsxrpilot said:

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

I'm happy for anyone to copy my panel. I love it and it's a real joy to fly behind.

Yes, it is a joy. I had 2 hours solid IMC behind it yesterday with two approaches down to mins. At first I thought it was off course at one point until I saw the Aspen showing a quartering headwind of 32 kts. at 6000'.

Can't wait to get mine done.