There is something you don't see everyday

36 minutes ago, Mark89114 said:

I wonder why it has that little round window in the back??

or at least it looks like a window

Window provides light to the baggage area; there was an option for a 5th seat back there.

Some 5-10 years ago, there would be an M22 for sale on Ebay or elsewhere every now and then; not so much these days. I remember some MS member reporting a purchase of one few years ago but never seen any pictures or details of restoration, etc (he owned a shop in CO or such).

Looks like a period paint job. Interesting plane, not really good looking and maintenance hog but quite a performer.  

Edited by Igor_U

back in the day!!!  i bought a mustang in florida and flew non-stop to cleveland, ohio.  They had a great range.  Mooney had the 301 on the floor in process but for some reason they bought the mustang and were going to redesign it and bring it back out.  That is around the time the Frenchman was involved. Don't know what eventually happened to the M22

On 3/8/2018 at 1:55 PM, Mark89114 said:

I wonder why it has that little round window in the back??

or at least it looks like a window

That little window is so it can compete with the 'Flash Gordon' styling of the M20E.

Both gorgeous aircraft.

My avionics shop had 2 of them in last year, at the same time and same owner.  A fellow at KSOP owns 3 of them.  One in good condition, one and fair condition (the ones I saw) and the third is a parts plane. From what I understand all came from Europe.  The two I saw had Swiss flags painted on the tail.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:23 PM, Igor_U said:

Window provides light to the baggage area; there was an option for a 5th seat back there.

Some 5-10 years ago, there would be an M22 for sale on Ebay or elsewhere every now and then; not so much these days. I remember some MS member reporting a purchase of one few years ago but never seen any pictures or details of restoration, etc (he owned a shop in CO or such).

Looks like a period paint job. Interesting plane, not really good looking and maintenance hog but quite a performer.  

It just seems like a low benefit value for a window...One more hole in the pressure vessel and another window that needs to be inspected and maintained.  Just an observation.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 12:23 PM, Igor_U said:

This was the ebay plane.  It was in California.  It was nice.