Happiness...

On 3/6/2018 at 10:01 PM, cnoe said:

Yep, that’s the stuff! Add the 1st step (deoxidizer) and you won’t be disappointed! Highly recommended on various aviation forums.

Available on Amazon among other places: https://www.amazon.com/Purple-Metal-Polish-deoxidizer-Combo/dp/B005WWMP86/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520395031&sr=8-1&keywords=california+custom+polish

d98b2a0c2ae3a4eb123a45b861b8d74f.jpg

Its not often I plug stuff, but this stuff is truly awesome!  Just spent 15 minutes this morning on the spinner. 

And despite the name, it comes from right down the road in Schuyler, NE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20180518_070838.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mcstealth said:

To all that have never done this, or any iteration of this, two wheels or four, it is a top of the line blast!!! 

Looks like good practice for ground looping a tail dragger.  :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 320KPH said:

RIP Nicky Hayden (69) ....

I don't believe that is Nicky, but I could be wrong.

Definitely not his helmet design that I am aware of,, and wrong brand bike.

Number is correct obviously.

RIP Nicky, Americas last champion.

TW,

There are two things that are very envious...

1) that polish is one...

2) the matching diameter of the spinner and cowl is the other...

Hartzell has missed the boat on getting the right diameter spinner... O’s TopProp...

Best regards,

-a-

• Haha 1

Polishing may take some additional effort... it was roughed up to get the paint to stick...

For an idea of somebody doing it for a whole plane, we have at least one well known naked Mooney flying around here...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Yes ,I've done it in the past...on the Bravo spinner ,I last machine polished by removing spinner and setting it on pillow on truck tailgate.This time ,I followed instructions (really)generously coated spinner with deoxydiser and let dry.Than the purple polish in 12 in sections using a cutup terry cloth towel.About 30/40 min total with moderate hand buffing.Went back once on a spot I missed..5  more min...wear gloves or hands will be green than black!Did a better job than machine but more physical on the arms

If my spinner is painted, can it be stripped and polished? a08d30df49d092f783c839c1359bd40f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are companies that can do this; it’s been discussed a lot in the past. It’s not really something you can do yourself economically. We’re not talking about an hour with Flitz and a buffer.

Mine went from this...
e32b7fbe6bb83b9ab0e0f6133f79ad9b.jpg
...to this...f384fd59e3cffd68a583f640f107b626.jpg
... but it involved selling the original and buying the shiny one from someone upgrading to a 3-blade.

There are companies that can do this; it’s been discussed a lot in the past. It’s not really something you can do yourself economically. We’re not talking about an hour with Flitz and a buffer.

Mine went from this...
e32b7fbe6bb83b9ab0e0f6133f79ad9b.jpg
...to this...f384fd59e3cffd68a583f640f107b626.jpg
... but it involved selling the original and buying the shiny one from someone upgrading to a 3-blade.

Buying a new prop and spinner would be the quick and easy way to do it. But I don’t think I’ll get my MT prop this year. I have a friend that works in a high end paint shop says I should expect 4-5 hours of work to strip, sand, buff, and polish.

I will start it while I’m waiting for my new wing walk to dry later this summer.

If you change your mind here’s the place I’ve heard good things about. http://www.mirrorfinishpolishing.com/

I can’t recall what they quoted me as it’s been a few years back.

Before and after pics from their website:
efe7d9c4772c5226e200f37f99fba755.jpg
f4dd55748c229bb7a7071b905fdce790.jpg

That is pretty impressive. I emailed them for a quote. Do you remember what they charged you?

On 5/21/2018 at 11:21 PM, Mcstealth said:

I don't believe that is Nicky, but I could be wrong.

Definitely not his helmet design that I am aware of,, and wrong brand bike.Th

Number is correct obviously.

RIP Nicky, Americas last champion.

That is very much Nicky. #rideonkentuckykid

• Like 1