Procedure Turns - Avidyne 440

Flew a VOR approach with a procedure turn yesterday.  First time on this approach with the 440.  I have previously used a 430W, 696, or iPad.  On those the procedure turn was depicted as the usual barb, ie. outbound 360, left turn to 315, right turn to 135, intercept, back to the VOR.  On the Avidyne 440, the procedure turn was depicted as a short leg out, then a sweeping left turn that looped back around.  Caused a huge amount of confusion until I figured out what it was doing.

Do other navigators direct a procedure turn like this?

440.png

5 minutes ago, markejackson02 said:

On the Avidyne 440, the procedure turn was depicted as a short leg out, then a sweeping left turn that looped back around.  Caused a huge amount of confusion until I figured out what it was doing.

It was flying a "parallel" holding in-lieu of entry not the 45/180 PT barb.  I have never flown behind a GPS that will fly parallel on the non-maneuvering side, they all drive on the outbound course and then make the turn on the maneuvering side.

On the Garmin units as you approach the fix it will state what it is doing, ie. teardrop, parallel.