Insurance renewal

PTK

Similarly did upgrades last year to this year and am getting quotes back.  Based on inst rating, >500 MM   

- Last year 95k hull: 1MM/100k = $1050. Old republic.  

- This year 108k hull: 1MM/100k = $1125 Global.  I learned that  Global does do Bahamas but not the remainder of the Caribbean (doesn’t matter for my purposes). Global does have but limits hurricane evacuation reimbursement (important for my purposes).  ~1200 for Old Republic. Can travel anywhere in the Caribbean FWIW (might matter for a world traveler like Mike).  Has about double the benefit for hurricane relocation.  

- Same hull value 1MM smooth Global won’t quote less than 1000 hrs total time.  Old republic will quote less than (I’m 750 TT now).  Open pilot clause goes away.  Named insured only.   $1500 per annum.  

Question for the group (will need to ask Cliff as well) - are there gotchas for hurricane evacuation? Ie for no open pilot clause how would one execute a hurricane evacuation if you need it ferried out by someone else?  Any insurance outs if the plane cannot be moved during a hurricane? Figure out mooniacs in the Houston area probably have the most recent experience with these issues. Rider to add a pilot all within 24-48 hrs of a storm bearing down?  What happens to maintenance flights without an open pilot warranty.  These are items presumably that are buried in the policy but aren’t included on the quote sheet. Any advice would be much appreciated   

PS: For most purposes I’d consider the medical benefit on these policies useless compared to the actual cost of medical care...