Seat Cam Chewed Up - Replacement Needed

That looks good, but it's nothing like what's in my C. My cam has three lobes, allowing upright, reclined or sleeping positions, and I think the handgrip is knurled. Now I need to go out with the camera . . .

My original seat cams were knurled but this was easier to do and feels more positive to me to hold and move. There are 4 flats on mine as you can see in the picture allowing 3 seat back positions as 2 if the sides are the same so you don’t need a left and a right handle.

I think I still have one of my old ones and if I do, will post a photo.

David

I am OK if it has less options than the original.  It sometimes feels like I am laying down and I always have it at the most upright position.  If the new ones can add another 5 degrees of tilt forward than the current one, I would be OK with that.

• Like 1

Just now, Ned Gravel said:

I am OK if it has less options than the original.  It sometimes feels like I am laying down and I always have it at the most upright position.  If the new ones can add another 5 degrees of tilt forward than the current one, I would be OK with that.

Funny you say that about the tilt forward. These are made with a little more tilt up on the highest cam lobe position!

David

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yvesg said:

David, how many do you need ordered to allow a price break? With the US -CDN exchange rate $400 is more like $500 for us “poor” Canadians.

Yves

And if they're made of steel or aluminum, price will skyrocket...:D:D:D

2 hours ago, yvesg said:

David, how many do you need ordered to allow a price break? With the US -CDN exchange rate $400 is more like $500 for us “poor” Canadians.

Yves

Hi yvesg,

The best price is me ordering 60 pieces or enough for 15 airplane sets. I do get a set under the price of $300 then. 

Thanks,

David

Special rules for both neighbors to the North and to the south, announced today... steal and aluminum tariffs are for the other guys...

Working on a name for the new cam with an integral handle... hmmmm.... a ham or a camdle? :)

going back to marketing 101 school...

-a-

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Special rules for both neighbors to the North and to the south, announced today... steal and aluminum tariffs are for the other guys...

Working on a name for the new cam with an integral handle... hmmmm.... a ham or a camdle? :)

going back to marketing 101 school...

-a-

Trump hasn’t figured out that the US sells more steel to Canada than we sell to the US, hard to understand how we’re stealing American jobs.  Many North American jobs have moved elsewhere.

Clarence

Hi yvesg,
The best price is me ordering 60 pieces or enough for 15 airplane sets. I do get a set under the price of $300 then. 
Thanks,
David

David - I’m interested but need to get a better look at mine before committing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 hours ago, Marauder said:

Sounds good. Should have doublers coming you way next week. My apologies for the delay.

David

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marauder said:

Same for me. Should go to the airport this week-end or as soon as the CRAPPY weather clears up.

Yves

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rainman said:

Canada and Mexico are exempt from the tariffs according to the national news here

Only as long as we submit to his demands on NAFTA. Otherwise tarries will be imposed.

Clarence 

On 2018-03-06 at 11:59 AM, Sabremech said:

For anyone interested, I can make a set of 4 (2 per seat) for $400. The more I make the less they cost. If anyone is interested, message me or post here. Lead time is about 4 weeks.

David

I went flying yesterday and took a quick look. Is it possible my seats only have 1 cam instead of 2? It is on the right side. Is there different types of seats like some with 2 cams and some with only 1?

Yves

16 minutes ago, yvesg said:

I went flying yesterday and took a quick look. Is it possible my seats only have 1 cam instead of 2? It is on the right side. Is there different types of seats like some with 2 cans and some with only 1?

Yves

I’ve only seen them installed on both sides of the seat.

Clarence

14 minutes ago, Chris from PA said:

Count me in the "very interested" column. Mine are worn and slip and in need of replacement. When do you need a commitment?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Lead time is about 4 weeks to get them manufactured. I’ll wait a few days or the end of the week if that’s ok with Ned? 

Just now, carusoam said:

Two cams are needed to work properly.

Ned might be seeing one that is so worn out it doesn’t look like a cam any longer....

Best regards,

-a-

Think it’s yvesg that’s checking for 2 cams.

• Like 1