Texas 2018 Fly in - Saturday, April 14 Dallas Executive

Yetti

Just a reminder that we are now just short of two weeks before the April 14 Fly-in at Dallas Executive (RBD).

I just got word from Ambassador Jet Center that they will offer a 25 cent per gallon discount on avgas to anyone who attends. (Remember to ask for the discount at the time you call for fuel). Not a huge discount, in that their current price is $4.75, but every little bit helps if you are a CB.

We anticipate Houston Tank Services (Mooney tank resealing) will be sponsoring  the get-together  by offering a lagniappe to attendees.

Pray for good weather.

Hope to see you then.

Don

• Like 1

I’m local to DFW and own a Tiger but have secretly longed for an M20....  I’m trying to decide whether to bite the bullet and upgrade my panel or just buy a Mooney with upgraded avionics already in place.  If  no objections, from those attending, I may crash your party and pick the brains of some seasoned Mooney drivers. Jeff

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Jpflysdfw said:

I’m local to DFW and own a Tiger but have secretly longed for an M20....  I’m trying to decide whether to bite the bullet and upgrade my panel or just buy a Mooney with upgraded avionics already in place.  If  no objections, from those attending, I may crash your party and pick the brains of some seasoned Mooney drivers. Jeff

Hmmm...... “Crash” the party.  Although I am sure that you would be welcome by everyone, but as fellow pilots we certainly don’t want you to “crash.”  That’s not a word that we want to associate with a flyin.:)

Seriously though, Don is organizing the event is a very gracious host.  I am sure you will be welcome not only by him, but by everyone.

1 hour ago, Jpflysdfw said:

Glad to have you.

11 minutes ago, N9405V said:

If the weather gods cooperate I’ll fly up from Austin

And if they don't, you can fly up with me. :D  

Seriously I'm hoping for flyable weather as well. But it would have to be pretty terrible for me not to fly. There are good ILS approaches on both ends of a short trip.

• Like 1

And if they don't, you can fly up with me.   
Seriously I'm hoping for flyable weather as well. But it would have to be pretty terrible for me not to fly. There are good ILS approaches on both ends of a short trip.

Deal! Hopefully I’ll be knocking out my IFR ticket end of this month....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy95W said:

Taking your Tiger to a Mooney fly-in is like taking your middle-aged wife to a college bar that has 21 year old coeds.  You should know you're probably going to leave disappointed to at least some degree.

Cold!!!

I don't consider my wife and I middle aged but I may be fooling myself a bit at 39. My wife is 29 with a few years of experience- celebrating our 13th anniversary today, 18 years together. Sure- the coeds might be fun to look at- but I'll take my wife any day of the week and twice on Sundays.  And no- my wife doesn't read MooneySpace ;-).

ps- she's dead sexy too...

37 minutes ago, smccray said:

Cold!!!

I don't consider my wife and I middle aged but I may be fooling myself a bit at 39. My wife is 29 with a few years of experience- celebrating our 13th anniversary today, 18 years together. Sure- the coeds might be fun to look at- but I'll take my wife any day of the week and twice on Sundays.  And no- my wife doesn't read MooneySpace ;-).

Totally meant it tongue in cheek- wouldn't trade mine for one of those 21 year olds either.  But I also wouldn't take my 54 year old M20C to a Gulfstream fly-in. ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DonMuncy said:

Scott, I assume you are going to be there.

Going to try and make it. My schedule freed up as my infant daughter has now become a toddler (she’s 2).  However the to-do list is getting longer again - we have another one on the way this fall. 

Yeah, you can fly it VFR, but make sure you tie the loose wires out of the way so you don’t tangle up in them.:)

Edit:

Whoa!  Wait a minute!   I missed something!  You can tie the seat to those wires to make sure it does not slide back in the event of seat rail failure.:)

• Haha 2