Texas 2018 Fly in - Saturday, April 14 Dallas Executive

Yetti

Putting the meeting at the top of the post

,All right folks. We are going to have a Fly-in at Dallas Executive, (that's Redbird to you old guys) (RBD), on Saturday, April 14. We will plan on having people begin to show up at or about 10:00 AM, with lunch anticipated at about 12:00. We will eat at Delta Charlie's restaurant in the terminal. (pretty decent food at fairly reasonable prices.) They usually push table together for us, and have plenty of room.

The City took over the self serve pump at RBD and have not opened it up for business.  I am beginning to question whether they ever will. I will contact the FBO and see if they will offer a discount for anyone needing fuel. Before, they offered one, but it was not enough to get too excited about. 

Put this on your calendar.

Edited by Yetti

You're on. We ought to plan on a month of so out. Folks might let me know what dates to avoid, or prefer. I know we will not be able to pick a date that works for everybody, but we can try our best. 

If I can vote from KS I'd ask that 4/21, 4/28, and 5/5 be excluded. 5/5 especially since that is the Flying Monkeys formation clinic up here.

I'm not sure I can go, but avoiding those 3 weekends would be my preference.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

,All right folks. We are going to have a Fly-in at Dallas Executive, (that's Redbird to you old guys) (RBD), on Saturday, April 14. We will plan on having people begin to show up at or about 10:00 AM, with lunch anticipated at about 12:00. We will eat at Delta Charlie's restaurant in the terminal. (pretty decent food at fairly reasonable prices.) They usually push table together for us, and have plenty of room.

The City took over the self serve pump at RBD and have not opened it up for business.  I am beginning to question whether they ever will. I will contact the FBO and see if they will offer a discount for anyone needing fuel. Before, they offered one, but it was not enough to get too excited about. 

• Like 3

On 3/12/2018 at 11:34 AM, DonMuncy said:

OUTSTANDING!  We will be there weather permitting.  If the Mooney is not out of annual by then can we show up in our taildragger or will we be barred from the field?

14 minutes ago, MBDiagMan said:

OUTSTANDING!  We will be there weather permitting.  If the Mooney is not out of annual by then can we show up in our taildragger or will we be barred from the field?

You would just have to park a few hundred yards away! :o

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 11:34 AM, DonMuncy said:

Nice Don.  I am putting it on the calendar.

Russ

Stop in at Avionics First at RBD while there. Just had them rip out 32 pounds of old radios and replace with Garmin including ADS-B. Now twenty one pounds lighter and a few knots faster from getting rid of three external antennas I didn’t need any more.

Richie the C

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Richie the C said:

Stop in at Avionics First at RBD while there. Just had them rip out 32 pounds of old radios and replace with Garmin including ADS-B. Now twenty one pounds lighter and a few knots faster from getting rid of three external antennas I didn’t need any more.

Richie the C

Will you be able to come Richie?

Yes, Don is clearly one that will step up to the plate.  He put together a great event venue and agenda last year and it was wonderful meeting him and the others.  Now.... if he can just learn to order up better weather for us.....

Thanks for (again) stepping up Don. It sounds like fun and I’d like to meet more of y’all in person but I’ve had reservations at Sun-n-Fun for a couple months already and will be flying some friends down to Lakeland for that weekend. Perhaps next year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Come on guys. We are not going to let those west coast guys have a bigger turn out on April 14th than us, are we. 

Incidentally, if you think you are going to be able to make it, let me know (if you have not previously emailed me). Strictly for giving the restaurant a heads up on how many to expect. Not a commitment.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, Yetti said:

Putting the meeting at the top of the post

Thanks. I read most all the posts in "general" and "miscellaneous", and sometimes forget that not everyone does.