Breaking News

I'd gotten a frantic-sounding email from the AOPA a few days back, which included the contact info for my local US Rep, urging I contact them to oppose this, again.    In AZ it's fairly easy to make the case for GA because we have a ton of very large flight training schools here that bring in a lot of foreign money (and difficult-to-understand accents and bad English on the radio).    I put in the usual wording to emphasize that point in my note to my Rep.

I'm sure I swung it this time.  ;)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Aviationinfo said:

We can all take a breather until the next reauthorization...

While I am almost never the voice of doom and gloom, I think it will be a mistake on all of our parts to relax too much. In the vein of "the best defense is a good offense", I believe we need to work on getting the GA caucus built and strengthened to the point where any type of ATC giveaway is DOA. The move to privatize did not start with the current administration, and will likely continue into the future of this and subsequent administrations. FWIW.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2018 at 7:19 AM, steingar said:

I was really worried this time, with the degree the Congressional GOP has been toadying up to his Trumpness. Nice to see sanity wins for a change.  A reauthorization would be nice so we don't have to deal with this every year for the rest of our lives.

I bet you were...