Is this a good thing or bad?

I thought he was the source of revitalizing the ATC privatization move.   I've not heard good things, but I don't know that there's much accurate info out in his views.

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1

I recently took a part-time job as a corporate pilot.  I have flown in the military, but have never flown for an air carrier.  Most corporate and military pilots I know do not fly GA much, and I suspect the same is true for the Part 121 guys.  The important thing is that I do find the commercial and military types who also regularly fly GA to be much more similar to us on this forum, and would more likely protect our interests. 

All that said, from the article it is impossible to tell if Dunkin flies GA much or not, and if he would be a good choice for GA as the administrator or not.  Fortunately, he seems to have had some management responsibility and success. 

I definitely believe he is a much better choice than promoting some bureaucrat from within the organization!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neilpilot said:

What makes him a maroon?

Well steingar obviously either knows him or has had some kind of contact with him. So now that we have someone with inside information (Dunkin being a maroon), please fills us in @steingar. What’s his deal? What can we expect if he gets the position?

Edited by Tony Starke

Dam I told Trump I would be glad to run the FAA.:o:(   I would reduce regulations as fast as I could especially for Pat 23 and Part 91 :D

I would be cautious with part 135 though.

Oh and the basic med would not be needed.  I'd fix the 3rd class medical right.:D

Vote for me to be the head of the FAA!!!!!:P

• Like 2

Dam I told Trump I would be glad to run the FAA.   I would reduce regulations as fast as I could especially for Pat 23 and Part 91

I would be cautious with part 135 though.
Oh and the basic med would not be needed.  I'd fix the 3rd class medical right.

Vote for me to be the head of the FAA!!!!!

You boys need to learn about our political system. No public voting, just promise all of the Senators and Congressmen that you are the guy for the job, whether you are or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t see any evidence of a college degree on that site although he may have one I don’t see it, and I don’t see anything that says his management experience is sufficient to lead a $16 Billion agency especially when the president is his former boss (probably current boss as well) and we all know how this goes, he does exactly what his masters tell him to do. Maybe is the smartest pilot in the history the world flying around 200 hours a year in his 757 but I bet they’re smarter ones (sully) out there. The smells very strongly of cronyism. 

Edited by jetdriven
  • Like 1

Anyone who can pilot the plane with Donny onboard and still maintain enough of sanity as not to fly the plane into the mountain has the mental aptitude to be a FAA Director...

Unfortunately he/she who has the opportunity to do so but didn't has got no integrity to be one...

• Haha 1

In all seriousness. 

Can we all stop advocating for these "non-expert outsiders" and masquerading it as "draining the swamp?" 

This Administration has already got more than 20 individuals fired or resigned from their high profile positions due to incompetency / corruption / scandals. Majority of these people have little or no experience in their fields whatsoever. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hmmm . . . . Cronyism . . .

"Cronyism is the practice of partiality in awarding jobs and other advantages to friends, family relatives or trusted colleagues, especially in politics and between politicians and supportive organizations.[1] For instance, this includes appointing "cronies" to positions of authority, regardless of their qualifications."

Seems this guy, whose name I don't remember from above, may have some qualifications. It has been posited that he may have experience directly applicable to the position, unlike the previous large number of position-holders (FAA Director isn't really an "office"). At least he has passing familiarity with flying, the FARs, the purpose of the FAA, etc.

Cronyism is usually giving a lucrative position to cousins, brothers and even Cousin Fred, despite a total lack of experience and zero qualifications. Hiring a qualified or semi-qualified person who you know is hardly "cronyism".

• Like 1

Maybe when we forget to register our airplanes he'll understand our situation too!

I.e.... N725DT

I know our re-registration documents for our Mooney were recently tossed by hangar admin where we keep the airplane. It's crazy we can't do the registration over the web or phone. (Online still requires the code they MAIL you).

In all fairness, the freedom of being able to fly is amazing freedom, (not a right..but) we will fight hard to maintain it. I hope the new Admin and the Prez realize the benefits of GA. Corporate is still GA, if you ask me! 

If they put restrictions on part 91 flying we'll have serious issues. 

If the Airlines want to run the show, let them pay for it too!! 

It might be a crazy idea, or he might be the guy! 

-Matt

Almost all of the US Gov leadership ranks are “friends & family”. Are we going to gripe about ambassador appointments next?
Source: Ten years employed by the Executive Branch.

All of ya’ll need to email and call your appropriate Congress staff and tell them to vote no against this privatization crap. Privatizing anything in the USGov will risk my overpaid and underworked position even more in the near future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not looking for political discord, just objective opinions.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-apos-personal-pilot-083146313.html

Just put Jared Kushner in charge; he wouldn’t even need a security clearance for that. I hear he’s a real go-getter! As soon as he resolves the Israeli-Palestinian conflict he can breathe life back into GA while simultaneously handing the infrastructure over to the airlines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would sleep better with a pilot in that position than a politician. With a pilot we have someone who at least understands our situation and concerns and who's primary concern isn't saving money or pandering to the airlines.

The president has always had quality people working for him. He didn't become wildly successful by accident. I'm willing to trust him on this one.