Texas Visit

201er

I forgot to post this video so I just uploaded it now. Taking our friend from Dallas for a flight around the town! Took off from Adison, continued south across Love Field, around the city and back up from the east side, Lewisville Lake, over Carrollton, and back to Adison.

• 8 months later...

I'll be flying out to Texas soon so you cowboys can all start getting in line for autographs. Planning to arrive in Addison KADS (near Dallas), Tuesday March 5th, 2019 in the evening. Will be staying in Carrollton till Thursday March 7. And on Thursday flying to Casa Grande, AZ.

1 minute ago, mike_elliott said:

There was a time when all I had to do was open the hangar door and my 430W would self program to KGGG

Yea, I have a button marked "Brian Kendrick", which - when pushed - takes me pretty-much straight to San Marcos.  Next one is last week in April for annual.  Love the trip every year...  :-)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, StevenL757 said:

Yea, I have a button marked "Brian Kendrick", which - when pushed - takes me pretty-much straight to San Marcos.  Next one is last week in April for annual.  Love the trip every year...  :-)

Steve, ping me before and I will come in for a oil change and take you to lunch.

Russ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike_elliott said:

There was a time when all I had to do was open the hangar door and my 430W would self program to KGGG

With my wife’s hobby or entertainment we stay In Bossier City, I drive the 55 miles or so all is well, the Horseshoe provides me with a suite for the week to ten days, her enjoyment generally costs double my annual costs, even Steven 

14 minutes ago, Danb said:

With my wife’s hobby or entertainment we stay In Bossier City, I drive the 55 miles or so all is well, the Horseshoe provides me with a suite for the week to ten days, her enjoyment generally costs double my annual costs, even Steven 

I used to do the Bossier city thing, when my son was stationed at KBAD working on the AGM86's. There are cheaper ways for sure, Dan.

2 hours ago, Txbyker said:

Steve, ping me before and I will come in for a oil change and take you to lunch.

Russ

Will take you up on that, but I probably owe you a lunch as well.  :-)

I'll be there from 4/26 to 5/3 to do annual, so will let you know when I'm leaving.

17 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Maybe I go further back in time; my first visit to DMax was at 07F.  Took my old 64E there for an annual, a 1-piece windshield and bladders.  It was there during 9-11.

1 hour ago, neilpilot said:

Maybe I go further back in time; my first visit to DMax was at 07F.  Took my old 64E there for an annual, a 1-piece windshield and bladders.  It was there during 9-11.

my first visit was also at 07F, stopped in after purchasing N9427V on my way to see my son's graduation from Lackland in 2000. That was back when Don was still innocent and pure....

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, 201er said:

Did you get to use any of the IFR stuff we practiced on Sunday? :) For the casual readers, Mike stopped over on Sunday to see me. I flew with him and put him through the approach ringer. I was pretty impressed with Mike's skills. Clearly an A game player.

Fly safe!

• Like 2