ElectroAir Update

Bob - S50

1 hour ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Two more updates.

He said it will run off of ships power if the generator fails.

He showed me the current engineering setup of the individual coils. They are bigger than I thought. They are intending the coils to be mounted on one of the valve cover screws. They would be mounted on the valve cover.

Im not sure they will fit in the cowl like that. 

We will have to wait and see.

BTW,  I won a Gill RG35 battery as a door prize. Anybody need a battery? I'll make you a screaming deal.

Thanks for all the updates.

9 hours ago, markejackson02 said:

Hmmmm.  I have those on my 2011 BMW and have had them fail twice in 30000 miles.

I, too have not had very good service with coil-on-plug ignition. My wife’s VW EOS has one fail at 14k miles and my BMW has wasted two sets in 100k.  Looks like there 50k wear items. IDK what this converts to in airplane hours but I’m not so trusting. 

You and I think alike. I carry a spare coil in my BMW and my VW. Which is like back in the day  having a spare set of points or a fan belt for my 1976 Camaro. I’m not sure we’re any better off, just different spares in the trunk. 

Edited by jetdriven

• 2 years later...
10 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Yes

electroair.net

This thread is talking about the dual magneto replacement, which still doesn't appear on their website.  From their FAQ:

CERTIFIED AIRCRAFT: We have begun looking at engineering projects that will develop into replacement kits for certified aircraft using the Bendix Dual Magneto (D2000 & D3000 series). We will keep the website posted with progress reports as these projects develop. Unfortunately, our dual magneto solutions are limited to experimental aircraft at the moment.

Sounds like it still hasn't made it to market.  Anyone heard anything more?

Always helps when reviving a thread....

1) Mention what the OP is about...

2) Three pages later, things often veer off course since the original issue probably got covered....

3) So... is there an answer for going from the dual mag to single mags...

4) Probably yes, probably expensive, and probably gets done at OH....

5) Probably worth it...

6) Especially if you want to go electronic mag...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-