Bravo Rear Seats Folded

slowflyin

All the long bodies are probably sharing the same back seat...

The bottom cushions come out, via Velcro...

Seat backs fold nicely in that space...

Making the LB a lot like a pick-up truck...

Use caution, make sure the load is tied down well.

Sorry, can’t think of where to find a picture of this.

Best regards,

-a-

That system is also available in the M20K 252's and Encores. I can't remember the last time I had both rear seats installed. I generally have neither or just one rear seat in the plane. It's a really slick system requiring all of 60 seconds to remove or install both rear seats.

• Like 1

That system is also available in the M20K 252's and Encores. I can't remember the last time I had both rear seats installed. I generally have neither or just one rear seat in the plane. It's a really slick system requiring all of 60 seconds to remove or install both rear seats.

I believe Mooney adopted the folding rear bucket seat design in ‘85. So all ‘85 and on should have it including the late J’s, K’s and all long bodies.
AFAIK, , The only thing really unique thing to the Bravo is its engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Mooney adopted the folding rear bucket seat design in ‘85. So all ‘85 and on should have it including the late J’s, K’s and all long bodies.
AFAIK, , The only thing really unique thing to the Bravo is its engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's actually earlier than that...I believe officially the '82 models got them, but I think some very late 81's got them as well. My salvage J was officially an '81 (s/n 24-1221) and it had the rear buckets. I plan to finally migrate them to my '77 this summer as it is a very desirable and useful upgrade.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 3:10 AM, Bravoman said:

I keep mine folded down all the time. Really allows for great baggage room as mentioned above. 

I keep mine out most of the time, since it is so easy to put them back in.  I found a matching piece of carpet that fits perfectly to make the whole baggage area created look good.  I also have 2 weight and balances; one with the seats and one without them.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, donkaye said:

I keep mine out most of the time, since it is so easy to put them back in.  I found a matching piece of carpet that fits perfectly to make the whole baggage area created look good.  I also have 2 weight and balances; one with the seats and one without them.  

I should do that - good idea with the rug.

How much do those removed rear seat pieces weigh?

4 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

And my 86 J although i have never done it, but later this year i have to pick up 140 bottles of wine from the south of france so will do it then.   Yes ive done the W n B and it works. :)  

Oh - geeze....how Bourgeois of you....  Dang - now that sounds like a fun mission!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, donkaye said:

Good idea with the carpet. If/when I do a new interior, I think I'll stipulate that as an option.  I also have the W&B profile without the rear seats. It's one of the best features Mooney came up with in the late 80's if you ask me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Its just down to my normal camping spot at Bezier.  The funny story behind finding the vineyard goes like this....

it was a cloudy day, so no beach time that day, so Andrew (fiance) decided to take me to the local airport (Beziers) to go and Look at AL and watch the banner towers doing their stuff.  Now in the car park was a car transporter loading really really old beaten up cars.  Car transporter was from Lithuania and the driver was very cute, blond hair, blue eyes, nice smile....., so I offered to help... well you had to, its a "damsel" in distress, :)  

Once cars were loaded, instead of going back to the campsite A and I explored the dirt road that went out of the back of the car park, and followed it down past all these fields of grape vines  till we came to this old castle.  There was the vineyard proper, making and selling its own wine, right off the end of the runway.  PERFECT.  we have bought wine from there ever since.  Great place.  

vineyard.thumb.PNG.c58ebfd568d71d9951b1f9c773ac5947.PNG

Bottom left circle is the viewing space where the car transporter was the top right was the vineyard we found.  

That gets the "hundred dollar hamburger" award.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1