M20E transition training

I have the chance to get my paws on a M20E on a drylease, but I have no Mooney time. I have been added to insurance already, with the caveat of 5 hrs dual in make and model. The plane is currently outside KGNV, so my question is this. Does anyone on this forum, or know of anyone else, have CFI with 100hrs retract and 5hrs Mooney time that would be willing to train me? I have a CFI here in KBIS, but it'd be easier if I find someone local (or a fledgling airline pilot with flight benefits looking to build time). 

The other option is that I fly to you on Delta, and train in your plane if someone is willing to do it that way. 

Contact me by PM if you'd like with your availability and cost. 

Thanks,
Kai

Hi Kai,

You wont find a Mooney Specific CFI that has their plane insured for training that I know of, so that leaves you with a couple of options. 1) we fly to you and train you in the E, 2) you go to KOCF and rent their 201. Your real goal isn't just to meet insurance requirements, but to learn how to fly the plane properly. A CFI with 100 hrs retract and 5 hrs of Mooney time or a fledgling airline pilot wannabee might not be your most prudent choice. Depending on when you want this training, I may be able to help provided the owner can meet my insurance requirements and the E is properly equipped

• Like 3

If you want to fly in a Mooney transition instructor, I know of a great one whose specialty is Mooney transition.  He will work with you to keep the cost as low as possible.  He is in the Kerrville area.  If you are interested PM me for his contact info.