Northern Ca. Fly In Idea

Baker Avionics

My team and I are thinking about sponsoring a Fly In here in Lakeport, CA.  We are thinking about having a few static displays to play with to include Garmin products, Avidyne products, Aspen, Artex, Speed Mod items, etc.  Would anyone be interested in attending and if so, what would you like to see?  We are wanting to show everyone what is out there and available and to give everyone an opportunity to play with the new toys here on the ground also.  What are your thoughts?

Greg Baker

Lasar, Inc.

• Like 5

My team and I are thinking about sponsoring a Fly In here in Lakeport, CA.  We are thinking about having a few static displays to play with to include Garmin products, Avidyne products, Aspen, Artex, Speed Mod items, etc.  Would anyone be interested in attending and if so, what would you like to see?  We are wanting to show everyone what is out there and available and to give everyone an opportunity to play with the new toys here on the ground also.  What are your thoughts?

Greg Baker
Lasar, Inc.

I’ll be there. Anything you want to display and discuss would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Baker
Lasar, Inc.
I could make it... no plans to add anything right now but would like to see what I am going to be missing!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

We fly to little river a lot prob would stop in if during a weekend...

Just a bit off topic. But has Little River any facilities for rental cars, or Uber Service? Years ago I regularly flew up to Little River to spend time in Mendocino and Fort Bragg, but when Coastal FBO left there were no rental cars available. The old Mendocino Stage went out of business, and the gentleman who ran the fuel business, and who lent out a few old cars, also left. I had cabs come down from Fort Bragg to pick me up (and bring me back) at outrageous cost, but even they stopped doing so. The Little River Inn used to pick you up at the airport if you were staying there, but they are not in downtown Mendocino. I really like the 5280’ runway, but without transportation, I gave up going there.

50 minutes ago, Bennett said:

Just a bit off topic. But has Little River any facilities for rental cars, or Uber Service? Years ago I regularly flew up to Little River to spend time in Mendocino and Fort Bragg, but when Coastal FBO left there were no rental cars available. The old Mendocino Stage went out of business, and the gentleman who ran the fuel business, and who lent out a few old cars, also left. I had cabs come down from Fort Bragg to pick me up (and bring me back) at outrageous cost, but even they stopped doing so. The Little River Inn used to pick you up at the airport if you were staying there, but they are not in downtown Mendocino. I really like the 5280’ runway, but without transportation, I gave up going there.

@Bennett There is a good team of GA friendly people at KLLR.  Look up Galore Aviation (http://air-galore.com/).  They have a small fleet of rental cars, and bicycles and are overall helpful GA people.  Call in advance and make your arrangements.  KLLR can fog over on short notice.  If so, you can pre-arrange an alternate airport, like Boonville, which is what we did.  

[mention=7730]Bennett[/mention] There is a good team of GA friendly people at KLLR.  Look up Galore Aviation (http://air-galore.com/).  They have a small fleet of rental cars, and bicycles and are overall helpful GA people.  Call in advance and make your arrangements.  KLLR can fog over on short notice.  If so, you can pre-arrange an alternate airport, like Boonville, which is what we did.  

That’s great news. I am familiar with the fog potential at Little River, and I have landed a number of times in Boonville - always walked to town.

21 hours ago, Bennett said:

I was there about 4 months ago. Couldn't get a signal on my cellphone (T-mobile) to try and get Uber, so rented a beat up car at Air Galore and drove into Mendocino for the day. 

I was there about 4 months ago. Couldn't get a signal on my cellphone (T-mobile) to try and get Uber, so rented a beat up car at Air Galore and drove into Mendocino for the day. 

The last time I was there I couldn’t get a cell signal on AT&T. But, I am glad that Air Galore rents cars - any car is better than waking to Mendocino.

On 3/2/2018 at 12:44 PM, Bennett said:

Hi Bennett..things have improved at little river...the new fbo is air galore and has older rental cars available at both boonville and little river ..ask for Mary...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, so, we are thinking sometime in July or August for the Fly-In here in Lakeport.  We are looking to be there in Paso Robles and I may be speaking at lunchtime on ADS-B Solutions.  Let me know what dates work for everyone for the Fly-In!!!!

Anytime in July or August works for me.

• 3 weeks later...