Oshkosh and Jeppesen

Something strange happened to me. For those who have been to Oshkosh you may remember that during the show some Jepp people handed out cards that you could use to win several goodies, including extensions on your subscription. I won an extension on my subscription and to my surprised Jepp did not extend my subscription. So I called them and instead of honoring it, I just received a bill for the renewal... Obviously I am rather disappointed.

Anybody else had a similar problem?

Oscar

Not the same set of facts, but I won the Jepp subscription fo a year at the Mooney Summit, nearing my renewal date I received an invoice. A couple calls to to customer service straightened out the situation. Like most big companies the computer systems are not always on the same page. Try to get a matter fixed with the IRS.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Danb said:

Try to get a matter fixed with the IRS.

Funny you should ask.  I actually got to the responsible person this morning to handle a letter I received from the IRS last week.  She had no discretion in changing anything, but at least got a firm decision.  I was working extensively with an instrument student last October and forgot to file  a 2 page form for my pension plan.  Penalty: $25/day up to a maximum of $15,000.  Luckily, it was only a few days late and I FedEx'd it to them when I remembered.  No reasonably acceptable excuses, no negotiating days.  Just pay the penalty.  Might as well have talked to a computer.