Service Bulletin M20-088

0TreeLemur

23 hours ago, Fred_2O said:

@Andy95W Spot on- let us know how it turns out.  Write a HOWTO?   It seems odd to me that there is no way to open it from the inside on the 20C.   If the one entry door gets jammed for any reason, why not have a second egress that doesn't require breaking something.  As if that would be possible in such a small space anyway.    I would like to add that feature to 2903L at some point.   It just seems like a no-brainer.

Fred and Dev-  I will take some pictures as I do the project and post them in the Vintage section so we don't get a lot of peanut gallery comments from modern Mooney owners about how crazy we are to fly around with our baggage doors unlocked.

I've already seen some things I want to do differently than the MAPA log.  I'll explain those, as well.

• Thanks 1

Another tool to have handy...

The hex wrench that releases radios from the panel can also double as a door handle to allow egress if the regular handle loses that springy locator pin... roll pin?

M20C Experience... no idea if it works for a long body or not...   :)

Best regards,

-a-

26 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Another tool to have handy...

The hex wrench that releases radios from the panel can also double as a door handle to allow egress if the regular handle loses that springy locator pin... roll pin?

M20C Experience... no idea if it works for a long body or not...   :)

Best regards,

-a-

My handle cracked at the roll pin holes after landing with my CFII after total electrical failure on a VOR-A approach into a nearby airport. It was a slow ride home with the gear cranked down. What worked to get us out was waving my hat out the storm window to get someone's attention, and they opened the door for us. It was after work, could have been a long night . . . . She and I  weren't that friendly . . . .  :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank said:

My handle cracked at the roll pin holes after landing with my CFII after total electrical failure on a VOR-A approach into a nearby airport. It was a slow ride home with the gear cranked down. What worked to get us out was waving my hat out the storm window to get someone's attention, and they opened the door for us. It was after work, could have been a long night . . . . She and I  weren't that friendly . . . .  :wacko:

Same experience back when I was doing my cfii prep 10 some years ago. My door latch had a habit of not locking in the unlock position and dropped in flight. We had to wait for someone to walk by and I passed the keys out the storm window for them to unlock and let us out. 

-Robert