Bulb removal

bonal

Last flight I noticed the gear unsafe light was inop. Bench tested and would not light. So the question is how to extract the bulb from the housing.

sorry about the poor image quality IPad camera not very good. Thanks for any advise on this little sucker.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, bonal said:

Last flight I noticed the gear unsafe light was inop. Bench tested and would not light. So the question is how to extract the bulb from the housing.

sorry about the poor image quality IPad camera not very good. Thanks for any advise on this little sucker.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hold the knurled housing in one hand, pinch the base of the bulb with your thumb and finger nails and pull it from the base.  A quick Google search of GE330 bulb pulls up LED versions as well.

Clarence

14 hours ago, Yetti said:

Also have a switch that can select white or red panel lights....   blue light along the glareshield is Landing light

panelnight.jpg

Holy smokes, that blue does seem kind of bright.  Maybe changing the overlay color to red might help your night vision?

I bought the replacement lights from https://www.aero-lites.com/ge-330-12v-post-light-replacement to replace all of my post lights.  They claim they are "FULLY DIMMABLE"  and they will dim a little, but are VERY bright even at their lowest setting.  The guy there is great to work with as one of my LED's was DOA when I installed it.  He sent me 3 replacement bulbs in case I had any others go out, so I used the extra two in my gear indicator lights.

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

The red lights are an add on? I don't have that switch on my 75.

Mine is a built in December 74 labeled 75 model and there is a switch below the Mixture lever on the throttle quadrant.   Could have been an option? maybe?

I believe it is talked about in the POH

Edited by Yetti

15U,  

The bulb that Bonal is discussing, came out of My M20C so easily... no tools were required... it looked like it was made from an old bullet casing... Left over WWII machinery redeployed...?

I assumed it was on the list of things that can be changed by the pilot...

In initial training, the CFI covers the, what to do if this bulb goes out... what bulbs can be replaced by others in the panel.

Along with the rotate this knob to open and close the iris...  a fact that gets lost over time, years of not flying at night...

Anybody just find out that light fixture has an iris in it?  (Twist to dim, untwist to brighten)

Somebody new to their Mooney might appreciate this...:)

Best regards,

-a-

14 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

Holy smokes, that blue does seem kind of bright.  Maybe changing the overlay color to red might help your night vision?

I’ve heard an IA object to that specific topic.  Red is only for “danger”,  green for “things are good to go”, and blue for “it’s on”.

I have a blue light on the panel (pre GTN days)... GPS is the source for navigation through the HSI...

No blue light means the Nav1 (nav/com/ILS) is the source for the HSI...

If the blue light is on and you are expecting to intercept the ILS... it’s not going to happen.  :)

When I first got my plane.. the PPI found the blue light was out...

Pp thoughts only, not a CFI.

Best regards,

-a-