Super long shot VFR life problems

Anyone flying from the Portland Oregon area to eastern Oregon or further east this week? I have my annual March 5 at Advanced Aircraft and the weather decided to act like winter and this Tuesday or Wednesday will probably be the only chance I can get it over there. And looking for a ride home. Might have to rent a uhaul to drive back:)

Thanks

Charles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call every car rental place they have. I did that when I moved from WV to AL, a 600 mile drive. Found one place without a one-way surcharge in a Corolla; when I picked it up, they switched me to a full sized VW CC. It was the local Hertz office out behind a body shop, and was my first ever Hertz rental.

Good luck hitching or renting a ride.

• Like 1

Call every car rental place they have. I did that when I moved from WV to AL, a 600 mile drive. Found one place without a one-way surcharge in a Corolla; when I picked it up, they switched me to a full sized VW CC. It was the local Hertz office out behind a body shop, and was my first ever Hertz rental.
Good luck hitching or renting a ride.

I’m down to that possibility but I’ll have to rent a uhaul because we don’t have a car rental here in John Day. Joys of living out in the sticks...:) The weather is starting to show a little bit better outlook for taking it over this weekend and I should be able to have someone drive me the 5 hours :(

Yikes, the weather's been pretty awful and supposed to stay that way this weekend.  There might be a little break early Friday, and I'll help out if the weather gods smile, but it's likely it will be below my comfort level for a round trip.  Let me know how things go and I'll keep checking the weather.

Hopefully, the weather will be better when the annual is done, and I can definitely give you a lift then.  I'm based out of KCVO now, so PM me

• Like 1

Yikes, the weather's been pretty awful and supposed to stay that way this weekend.  There might be a little break early Friday, and I'll help out if the weather gods smile, but it's likely it will be below my comfort level for a round trip.  Let me know how things go and I'll keep checking the weather.
Hopefully, the weather will be better when the annual is done, and I can definitely give you a lift then.  I'm based out of KCVO now, so PM me

Friday is what I’m seeing is the most likely time I’ll be able to get the plane to Portland. If that is the case it will fit into my nieces birthday party in Sandy that I was going to and can ride back with family. I’ll pm you though and let you know if my plan gets changed up. I’ll probably have to change my annual date. Thank you