Aspen discounts advertised on AvWebFlash this morning

Rick Junkin

For those considering an Aspen panel upgrade, you'll want to take a look at this current discount offering. This looks to me to be the first real discount challenge to the new Garmin offerings. Dynon still beats them both, but then there's certification/AML/etc challenges remaining there.

http://marketing.aspenavionics.com/acton/media/26251/aspen-avionics-february-2018-promotion?cr=glassclass&kw=newsletterLeaderboardSuper

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 1

I didnt see the 2000 system listed online; if it helps anyone, they quoted me $16,900 and included the AOA and SV with that price.  My wife said no.  If this is an annual cycle, Ill just wait a year or two until she forgets. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NJMac said:

I didnt see the 2000 system listed online; if it helps anyone, they quoted me $16,900 and included the AOA and SV with that price.  My wife said no.  If this is an annual cycle, Ill just wait a year or two until she forgets. 

The deals will continue to get better. Two years should have more options and cheaper prices.

• Like 3

I hope they have a new product offering in the pipeline since I don't think the company can survive on just that hardware alone indefinitely.
I also wonder about their ability to support the decade-old tech...surely many of the electronic components are no longer in production, so I hope they have newer/current production parts, or even better, perhaps a hardware upgrade in the pipeline that would be capable of retrofit in the original units. It's still a great unit.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Just now, KSMooniac said:

I also wonder about their ability to support the decade-old tech...surely many of the electronic components are no longer in production, so I hope they have newer/current production parts, or even better, perhaps a hardware upgrade in the pipeline that would be capable of retrofit in the original units. It's still a great unit.

They have a great concept - I would be happy to consider buying a new unit today if it is a modernized version.  A faster processor chip, higher rez screen, etc.  Otherwise same form factor and same software.  Otherwise I am not going to spend 11k or 14k, plus install on a new unit today.  yes I would definitely keep it as is if it were already installed and working in my airplane as of today. That is a different thing than writing a check to buy new today.

• Like 1

They have a great concept - I would be happy to consider buying a new unit today if it is a modernized version.  A faster processor chip, higher rez screen, etc.  Otherwise same form factor and same software.  Otherwise I am not going to spend 11k or 14k, plus install on a new unit today.  yes I would definitely keep it as is if it were already installed and working in my airplane as of today. That is a different thing than writing a check to buy new today.
I agree. Their new value is dropping quickly. Someone on Beechtalk has been trying to sell a class 3 Aspen 2000 system (for >6000 lb planes) and is down to 10k now for the pair. Nearly new units too. I'd take one or two, but I'm waiting to see how the new autopilot landscape (and Dynon kit) shake out before making a decision.

• Like 2

Yes a new processor, more memory and screen would be nice in the ASPEN if not already done.  This should be done every 2 to 4 years IMHO.  The advances in processors is always phenomenal.

My opinion is they, ASPEN,need to make the fully capable box available for around $6AMU plus install as a normal price.  The VFR version is somewhere in that price range now.  With that pricing they would be more competitive with the new boxes coming on the scene now.

What more can ASPEN put in the boxes that they don't have now?

I would like to have an ASPEN or 2 G5s in my plane but ultimately what does that give me?  The biggest thing would be an HSI after that not much more information than I already have.

I'm looking to see how the G5 will interface with my IFD540 and the STEC 30 AP and at what price point to get 2 of them to replace the AI and the DG.

• Like 1

I think there has been around 5 threads talking about Aspen over the past month. Lots of interest in their product and opinions about lifecycle and pricing. 

From many installation reports it looks like the aspen will cost around 1.5 amu more than a pair of G5’s installed or a ki300 and G5. My guess is they will keep the price the same and update components/software to keep the company viable. 

Should be fun to watch all the threads going forward. 

6 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

You can still get one of these 

KI 525A

Pictorial navigation indicator that simplifies course orientation, interception, and tracking Starting at $12,973 MSRP