I took my M20C in for an annual Dec.26. Last week was the first time I was able to fly it since. I still haven’t received the bill. I decided that I better go flying because once I get the bill I may not be able to afford the fuel. One of my big concerns was radio noise when I am in close proximity to the airport. I am not sure all that was done just yet but I was told that they put new connectors in the cabin ceiling. Not only  did they not fix the radio noise but as soon as I took off, the tower said I was not showing altitude and told me to squawk 1200 on my almost new GTX345. Also, traffic no longer shows on the GNS530W or ForeFlight on the iPad. I was connected via Bluetooth. The avionics guy at the shop has since moved to another state. I guess I would like some ideas on where or what I should look for or do next.  Any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks.  

It is pretty common to not hook things like antennas and such back up when the panels go on.  The antennas for your transponder and such are on the belly.  Were belly panels removed?

Are there codes on the radios saying things.

I would start with a list of what was touched then retrace the steps.

• Thanks 1

I took my M20C in for an annual Dec.26. Last week was the first time I was able to fly it since. I still haven’t received the bill. I decided that I better go flying because once I get the bill I may not be able to afford the fuel. One of my big concerns was radio noise when I am in close proximity to the airport. I am not sure all that was done just yet but I was told that they put new connectors in the cabin ceiling. Not only  did they not fix the radio noise but as soon as I took off, the tower said I was not showing altitude and told me to squawk 1200 on my almost new GTX345. Also, traffic no longer shows on the GNS530W or ForeFlight on the iPad. I was connected via Bluetooth. The avionics guy at the shop has since moved to another state. I guess I would like some ideas on where or what I should look for or do next.  Any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks.  

As the great big Yetti said, look for missing, loose or misplaced connectors. It sounds like they may have removed the BNC coax from the transponder. They shouldn’t have touched the antenna side which would be located on the belly. If they couldn’t get your code as well, it would make sense it was the antenna cable. If they did not see altitude only, it may be something else. If I recall correctly, the encoder for the 345 is a bolt on attachment to the unit.

Based on the description of your original work, they certainly would have moving around coaxial connectors if they ran new wires to the radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As for radio noise close to towers. I spent months trying to solve that issue. It got so bad that I couldn't make out what tower was even saying. After looking at both radios, antennas and the wiring, It turned out to be panel mounted usb ports. Luckily I had a switch to turn them off and the problem was gone. 

13 hours ago, Yetti said:

It is pretty common to not hook things like antennas and such back up when the panels go on.  The antennas for your transponder and such are on the belly.  Were belly panels removed?

Are there codes on the radios saying things.

I would start with a list of what was touched then retrace the steps.

BTDT