Broken Bose X?

The ear yokes broke on my headset.  Bose does not sell the parts, you have to send the whole set in for a $225 repair.  Found a guy selling 3d printed replacements for under $50 delivered for a pair.  They're great! I don't think you could break them without really trying.   If I had other sets of X headsets, I'd replace all the yokes right now.   If you're interested, email zack3dprints@gmail.com

20180218_154759.jpg

20180218_154754.jpg

20180218_154750.jpg

20180218_154747.jpg

20180218_154742.jpg

20180218_154738.jpg

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine also deformed.  Put the whole family in the plane on Saturday and went to a birthday party.  My wife started complaining about the headset not fitting right.  She took my A20s and I put on the Bose X.  It didn't fit at all!  I was so confused because I thought I had repaired it.  Luckily I was lazy when I repaired it so I had only replaced the broken side.  I compared the spare 3d printed ear yoke to the replaced one and realized that it had melted and deformed into a curved shape instead of flat.

I keep all the headsets on the hat rack and it looks like the heat got to them.  

Hit the yoke with a heat gun to make it flat again.  Looks like I will be keeping this headset in the hangar and not in the plane.

Any idea what printer created the parts or material used? I have a higher end FDM machine (MarkForged) that prints Onyx (carbon infused nylon). The onyx is quite a bit stronger and doesn't seem to deform in the heat like typical FDM materials. The MarkForged printer also has a lot better resolution. My in-ear head set is primarily 3D printed parts, and I've had no issue leaving it in the plane on a hot summer day.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...