Maintenance Manual for TSIO-360-LB - X30571?

vance.k

Hi MSers,

My A&P is doing some work on my 231 today and asked for the Continental Maintenance Manual.  I just realized I don't have that (only the one from Mooney).  I found that what I need is X30571 and I can order it from spruce, but I'm curious if there is a legit source online where I can buy a digital copy...or perhaps if anyone has one handy they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks for the help!
Vance

Thanks everyone!  That explains why I wasn't finding it in the quick search I did...there's good money to be made selling it.  ;) 

I'll give eflightmanuals a shot and see if that fills the need.  If not, I'll sign up for ATP.

Thanks again!
Vance

@vance.k With an engine serial number, you can get free access to your engine manuals via TCM on ATP's website. Before they moved the documentation to ATP you had to register on TCM website. But now I don't know the process but would suggest checking on TCM's site first or call their customer service.

There are several manuals for the TSIO-360's. But you'll need the the generic M-O maint manual, the TSIO-360 maintenance manual for your model and I recommend the operations manual as well and perhaps the overhaul manual.

Edited by kortopates

Note the line that says "If you have an active Continental Motors Aviator Services,..." Unless things have changed, you anyone that owns a Continental engine simply needs to register it with them and you'll get a free Aviator Services account which you can then get free ATP access to manuals. But the "as of November 2016" may indicate a change in policy - I don't know except that has been my source of free access for many years.

Thanks everyone.  I wasn't able to create any type of account via the portal, that I could figure out.  I emailed ATP and they responded that they are no longer free.  The cost is $330 for the Continental Engine Library, according to that same email.

Vance

On 2/22/2018 at 2:57 PM, vance.k said:

Thanks everyone.  I wasn't able to create any type of account via the portal, that I could figure out.  I emailed ATP and they responded that they are no longer free.  The cost is $330 for the Continental Engine Library, according to that same email.

Vance

Sorry to hear that Continental has abandoned the Aviator Services program that gave owners free access to all documentation. Personally, I don't particularly like the ATP interface either. Under Continental you just merely downloaded the PDF version of the entire manual, but under ATP's website it appears much more restrictive viewing. In truth, so far I have just been using ATP to determine if I need a new copy of something. For the most part the main document that is regularly updated virtually every quarter is M-0 Maintenance manual that applies to all engines since its a compilation of what were previously in many Service letters, bulletins and instruction. For example this is the document where you'll get the current engine set up parameters for most of the engines and all the Torque settings.

Due to the cost, I suggest getting paper copies of everything since all but M-0 tend to go years without a revision. Even with free digital access, I  bought paper copies of all of mine for the hangar. These are still available through http://cmipowerstore.aero/publications.html for fees that range between $80 to $130. The M-0 manual is $110. 

7 hours ago, kortopates said:

Sorry to hear that Continental has abandoned the Aviator Services program that gave owners free access to all documentation. Personally, I don't particularly like the ATP interface either. Under Continental you just merely downloaded the PDF version of the entire manual, but under ATP's website it appears much more restrictive viewing. In truth, so far I have just been using ATP to determine if I need a new copy of something. For the most part the main document that is regularly updated virtually every quarter is M-0 Maintenance manual that applies to all engines since its a compilation of what were previously in many Service letters, bulletins and instruction. For example this is the document where you'll get the current engine set up parameters for most of the engines and all the Torque settings.

Due to the cost, I suggest getting paper copies of everything since all but M-0 tend to go years without a revision. Even with free digital access, I  bought paper copies of all of mine for the hangar. These are still available through http://cmipowerstore.aero/publications.html for fees that range between $80 to $130. The M-0 manual is $110. 

It used to be about $250 per year to access everything the CMI had, ATP charges more and its harder to access.  Lycoming has gone the same way with ATP, they soon will be the only source for manuals.

Clarence