Bladder conversion

David Perry

The six cell bladders are ~$7K from Griggs (they don't have any eight cells in stock). The rest is an install estimate from my mechanic. I just had the plane painted last spring so I am not anxious to cut any new holes. The eight cell install can be added later but will require an new access panel on the top of the wing in the next outboard rib bay.

On another note where do you turn on the map (in Mooneyspace) that shows which states you have been to?

I think there is a topic on here that goes through the how to of how to add the map. For me personally I only add the places I have landed as PIC.

As far as the bladders I am in the same boat and trying to make the final decision between bladders, reseal or patch.

6 of my O&N bladder cells are only 21 years old. The 2 add on cells (now 64 gallon usable) were installed in December. Headed to paint shop next month but Lynn Mace could have cut the new access panels and painted to match good as new.

Never a leak or other issue. 

IMG_20171222_134227389[1].jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, David Perry said:

Back in the air! It feels so strange to fly with out the strong smell of fuel.. It ended up being about ~$9.5K for the bladders and install. I am expecting about $500 for the paint touch up.

Do I understand correctly that that was for 54 gal tanks?   Also, can you say where this was done?

I paid $14k for the 64 gallon setup.  Had it done directly at O&N in PA.  Think it was in October 2014 but would have to look at the logs to verify.  Fwiw, they used to charge around $10.5k installed for the 64 solution but raised their price before I got up there to get it done...bummer for me!