Avidyne trade up

INA201

Looks like they are only doing $5,000 for the 430W now --according to their website. 

Get up to $8500 when you trade in your old GNS530 WAAS for an upgrade to an IFD550 or up to $5000 when you trade in your GNS430 WAAS towards an IFD440. We’ll also you give you trade-in credit for your REALLY old GNS430/480/530! 

Was the value assigned to your unit condition based, or serial number based, or some other method?  Was it like those old "cell phones for cash" things where you have to ship it to them first to figure out how much its worth, and then pay return shipping and processing if you dont like the value?

29 minutes ago, DualRatedFlyer said:

Looks like they are only doing $5,000 for the 430W now --according to their website. 

Get up to $8500 when you trade in your old GNS530 WAAS for an upgrade to an IFD550 or up to $5000 when you trade in your GNS430 WAAS towards an IFD440. We’ll also you give you trade-in credit for your REALLY old GNS430/480/530! 

Was the value assigned to your unit condition based, or serial number based, or some other method?  Was it like those old "cell phones for cash" things where you have to ship it to them first to figure out how much its worth, and then pay return shipping and processing if you dont like the value?

I sold mine locally. IMOP The value of 430s is going down so get what you can if you are fencewalking. I think the 430 will remain supported for a while but it would be nice to know for sure. Heck the KLN89s are still supported.

I sold mine locally. IMOP The value of 430s is going down so get what you can if you are fencewalking. I think the 430 will remain supported for a while but it would be nice to know for sure. Heck the KLN89s are still supported.
I sold a 430W kit (with tray, connectors, antenna) over 4 years ago for $6500. They've held up quite well, value-wise, IMO. I thought they would be worth less by now, frankly, and wonder when it might happen. They are certainly the KX170 equivalent of the last two decades.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk