Circuit breaker for '67 M20C

0TreeLemur

When recently replacing the panel in our '67 M20C, one of the (original?) circuit breakers broke.  It was a 10A.  There was a spare 15A so we used that one temporarily.   Can someone recommend a contemporary replacement?   It was connected to a bus bar on the bottom, and power out on top. It has a similar look to the Klixon 7277, in that the screw terminals are slanted.  But- it just doesn't look right.  Suggestions appreciated.

The top part of the case broke when my son put a screwdriver on it to loosen the screw.  Given the brittle nature of the one that broke, I'm guessing others might be brittle too.

Fred,

If you are looking for a source of the circuit breaker, might I suggest... 

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/pbcircuitbrkr.php?gclid=Cj0KCQiA_JTUBRD4ARIsAL7_VeVCnfj23hrf1rEF1aAXrLOirRUqo6_4fzIb9EqWuNVMWWDJ9kJlqjgaAhXwEALw_wcB

Check the part number on the one you have against what AS has.  You should be able to get an exact replacement.

The old mechanical CBs have a tendency to wear out and not carry the full load after a few decades...  typical failure of the landing light CB.

Best regards,

-a-

10 hours ago, Marauder said:

Based on what I am seeing on that new breaker panel, it looks like you have room for new avionics. What’s next? emoji23.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Not really. The space next to the breakers is actually where the Garmin 795 goes. Additionally, even if I wanted something new, I really don't know what... may be a should look into upgrading into a 201 take all the avionics out and transfer them to my new plane. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 6:08 AM, tony said:

When I upgraded my panel, I replaced all my breakers and saved my old ones in a box.  If you post a part number and I have what you need,  I'll send it to you.

Thanks for the offer Tony- I appreciate your offer.  But, I think I'll do what you did and replace the old ones.  They are brittle.