Central CA Fly-in - KPRB , Paso Robles April 14th

Skates97

Central CA Fly-in - KPRB (April 7 or 14)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Please check off which date you can attend

• April 7th
    • April 14th
    • Either Date

We are planning for the fly-in on April 7th or 14th at Paso Robles (KPRB). Phil (@mooneyflyer) has generously offered to host a BBQ at his hangar there on the field.  This setting should lend itself to socializing much more than at a restaurant. 

The Estrella Warbird Museum http://www.ewarbirds.org/index.shtml is in walking distance so we may wander over there as well.

Please cast a vote in the poll, whichever date will get the most Mooniacs there will be what happens.

@Flash, @Steve W, @MooneyMitch, @jonhop, @wishboneash, @N803RM, @Bennett, @mooneyflyer, @Dan at FUL, @MrRodgers, @JohnB

@bonal, @M20FanJesse, @Matthew, @Joe Zuffoletto@StinkBug, @mooneygirl, @MrRodgers@N9201A @SantosDumont @ilovecornfields @MikeOH @Simon @Niko182 @thinwing @kortopates @kmyfm20s @NotarPilot @3914N

• Skates97 changed the title to Central CA Fly-in - KPRB , Paso Robles (April 7 or 14)
2 hours ago, Simon said:

Bump to the top.

Looks like April 14th is in the lead...

Thanks for bumping it. I was going to do the same thing. Someone else clicked the 7th so it's tied now, either way it looks like we might get at least 7 there. Hopefully we'll get some more as the date gets closer and people solidify their schedules more.

13 hours ago, Bug Smasher said:

Skates, can you tag me on this thread?

I added you to my list of people to tag for future events.

@Bug Smasher

I looked on the MS Member map that @gsxrpilot put together and added a few more. Hopefully they are okay with that. If any of you that I have tagged don't want to be included in notices about future events send me a PM and I'll remove you from my list.

@TerryDubYa @MB65E @rdshave @TheTurtle @VetRepp @donkaye @M20S Driver @helitim @Sven @jrwilson @TargetDriver

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mooneyflyer said:

OK.

Looks like majority have selected 4/14.  Wonderful.

CLICK HERE to Register so I can figure out food.

Phil

Phil, I hate to volunteer you, but it may be easiest once everyone is registered if you bought the food and those of us coming chip in to pay for it. If we tried to have people bring different things I could see someone not making it and then there would be no plates/cups/drinks/whatever....

33 minutes ago, Simon said:

The 7th is ahead by a nose. @mooneyflyer

Do we want to give it to the end of the week and then cut off the voting? (At some point it has to be finalized)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Skates97 said:

Phil, I hate to volunteer you, but it may be easiest once everyone is registered if you bought the food and those of us coming chip in to pay for it. If we tried to have people bring different things I could see someone not making it and then there would be no plates/cups/drinks/whatever....

Do we want to give it to the end of the week and then cut off the voting? (At some point it has to be finalized)

I can still do either date.

22 hours ago, Skates97 said:

I plan on providing ALL THE FOOD & DRINK!  Hope that works.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, M20FanJesse said:

If we do the 14th the new owners of the abandoned mooney want to come (by camper trailer) and meet everyone. Not sure how to do the form submission thing with that in mind

For the N number just put in "Camper," I think that would work. So someone bought that plane?

1 hour ago, Skates97 said:

For the N number just put in "Camper," I think that would work. So someone bought that plane?

Will do! Yup, I talked about it here:

The owners tried to buy the plane from the owner many years ago also, but he was stubborn on selling back then as well! 

• Skates97 changed the title to Central CA Fly-in - KPRB , Paso Robles April 14th
On 2/21/2018 at 9:32 AM, mooneyflyer said:

OK.

Looks like majority have selected 4/14.  Wonderful.

CLICK HERE to Register so I can figure out food.

Phil

I guess at some point the voting has to end. Right now it is 4 on the 7th, 5 on the 14th, with 7 more on either date. We will do the 14th and hopefully some of you that had the 7th will be able to work your schedule to join us. If not, then we maybe you can make the next one. The goal is to have one of these a quarter to give more opportunities to meet up. Please click on the link that Phil posted and register so he knows how much food to get. He has generously offered to supply everything, but he is a Mooney owner so I'm sure he would accept donations to the cause when we get there... ;)

Lasar @Greg Baker, has floated the idea of a Northern CA fly-in in this thread:

If anyone else in Central CA wants to host a future event or Southern CA then post up. I would be happy to host one at a future date at my hangar in Corona (KAJO) although there isn't much to see there. All I could offer would be good food and hopefully good company. I'm not sure when Greg was thinking but it would be nice to get something in the works for July/August. If not it will end up being another 8-10 months before the next one, time just goes by so fast...

2 hours ago, M20FanJesse said:

I let some instagram friends with mooney's know about the fly in. Told em to register, so we might see a few more. 

I'm going to stop by the hangars of a couple Mooney owners at the airport and leave them a note about it, I don't think either one are on here. 

• Thanks 1