Central CA Fly-in - KPRB , Paso Robles April 14th

Skates97

Central CA Fly-in - KPRB (April 7 or 14)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Please check off which date you can attend

• April 7th
    • April 14th
    • Either Date

8 hours ago, Skates97 said:

At their home airport in Lakeport, CA.

Lampson Field 1O2

Closer to you than the one down in Paso Robles.

It is call the Splash In /Fly In.  The link for the actual event is below.  Lasar is Co-Sponsoring it with the county.  It is going to be spectacular.  

https://www.lakecochamber.com/clearlakesplashin/

• Like 2

Dont try this in your Mooney! Splash ins are great fun! (Full disclosure, this is the Lake belonging to the Florida Mooney Lunch group organizers Ruth and David Taisch as he brings me up to speed this birds ops)

Many of you know Dave and Ruth, they have been long time Presidents club members of the Mooney Summit, and have been the original Mooney Fly in organizers, dating way back to pre 2000. Our DNA comes from their experience at hosting a lunch fly in. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Dont try this in your Mooney! Splash ins are great fun! (Full disclosure, this is the Lake belonging to the Florida Mooney Lunch group organizers Ruth and David Taisch as he brings me up to speed this birds ops)

Many of you know Dave and Ruth, they have been long time Presidents club members of the Mooney Summit, and have been the original Mooney Fly in organizers, dating way back to pre 2000. Our DNA comes from their experience at hosting a lunch fly in. 

Mooney owners will be parking at our facility at Lampson Field 1O2. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SantosDumont said:

I think I saw that guy... was it N5MD?

That is him!! I Googled his this N number and came up with these two images-

Photo taken 3/18/18 at La Ceiba Goloson International (MHLC) Honduras-

56651_1522072404.jpg

And this one taken at Oshkosh-

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 9.38.54 AM.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greg Baker said:

It is call the Splash In /Fly In.  The link for the actual event is below.  Lasar is Co-Sponsoring it with the county.  It is going to be spectacular.  

https://www.lakecochamber.com/clearlakesplashin/

Unfortunately the link only goes to the 2017 registration.

I hope to attend this year.,

10 hours ago, JohnB said:

Speaking of weather, the weather Saturday for our meet was BEAUTIFUL. No turbulence, winds light, temperature perfect, whereas the weather Friday OR Sunday was not! Somebody was watching out for us. We picked a great day to do this. Great seeing everyone!!!

I was just thinking the same thing.

It's been pretty lousy for about 2 months and we happen to have the most perfect day.  Perfect in many many ways!

• Like 2

Attended the Splash Ins several times including last year. Much fun. Wish I could afford a second airplane. I do have a seaplane rating, and a floatplane on a lake would be amazing.

Lots of Mooneys at the LASAR ramp, and good transportation to and from the lake.

A lot like going to the seaplane base at Oshkosh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 7:33 PM, Skates97 said:

My take on the Fly-In, it was awesome! 

(I did steal a few pictures from some of you that posted them, I hope you don't mind).

If you build it, they will come... KPRB Fly-In

@Skates97 looks like you took a photo of my house on the way home.  You can just make it out inside the red circle I added.  It helps that it's painted black!

58.jpg

Edited by Simon
  • Like 1