Central CA Fly-in - KPRB , Paso Robles April 14th

Skates97

Central CA Fly-in - KPRB (April 7 or 14)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Please check off which date you can attend

• April 7th
    • April 14th
    • Either Date

Great event. I left around 1:30 and Mooneys were still arriving. What struck me was not only the friendliness of the Mooniacs, but how well the aircraft are kept up. Great paint, great panels, and pride of ownership. I was also pleased to see younger pilots and their families. As one of the oldest pilots to fly in (83), it is gratifying to see the interest level in the newer generations. General aviation is not dead, at least not in the Mooney world. Can’t wait for the next get together.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bennett said:

Great event. I left around 1:30 and Mooneys were still arriving. What struck me was not only the friendliness of the Mooniacs, but how well the aircraft are kept up. Great paint, great panels, and pride of ownership. I was also pleased to see younger pilots and their families. As one of the oldest pilots to fly in (83), it is gratifying to see the interest level in the newer generations. General aviation is not dead, at least not in the Mooney world. Can’t wait for the next get together.

I saw your plane with that sexy Lo Presti cowl! That cowling is definitely the creme de la creme of Mooney cowls.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mooneyflyer said:

Thanks to an AMAZING turnout from AMAZING Mooniacs with AMAZING Airplanes!

great fun.  Thanks also to Richard Simile of Delta Aviation for bringing the Ultra! I want one! And Greg Baker and Damon Trimble of LASAR.

lets do another fly-in next weekend!

phil

ABD07FEA-2346-494F-82CE-65F8D8125490.jpeg

Next Weekend!..Linda gonna clobber you

• Like 1

Well Done Phil!

We knew you could pull it off! Its fantastic to see the passion spread and to see this happen. You are off to a good start, now consider this an annual event, start a nice charity to give back to the Mooney Community the excess funds received from donations and you wont believe how successful this will become.

Well done, sir.

Mike

2 hours ago, wishboneash said:

Thanks to Phil, Mike and everyone else who helped organize this event. Nicely done!

The Estrella Warbird museum was definitely worth a visit as well.

DSCF1656.jpg

DSCF1655.jpg

Oh,,,,dont let Richard let you take a demo flight.....these Ultras' are ADDICTING!! and worth every bit of the grin you will wear for a looong time.

The avioncs are amazing and what the future holds for these NXI equipped planes will be game changing. ' nuff said.

• Thanks 1

I saw your plane with that sexy Lo Presti cowl! That cowling is definitely the creme de la creme of Mooney cowls.

More than just sexy (which I agree it is). The ram air box is beautifully done, and I gain about 1.25 to 1.5” MP in the 7000’ to 9000’ range. The LoPresti cowl is tight for the Powerflow exhaust system, but it does work. Cooling is excellent. All in all, an excellent (expensive) Mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Oh,,,,dont let Richard let you take a demo flight.....these Ultras' are ADDICTING!! and worth every bit of the grin you will wear for a looong time.

The avioncs are amazing and what the future holds for these NXI equipped planes will be game changing. ' nuff said.

True. I could be happy with a 252 right about now. Not that the J isn't great!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ragedracer1977 said:

Won a couple awards! Best short body Mooney and longest flight! 

FB_IMG_1523803969017.jpg

Hummmm....Judges need to re investigate the longest flight Glendale is slightly closer than Chandler (R.Simile) dont you think :) But I agree, sponsors should be disqualified!  (PS glad to see you are well versed now in your still new to you plane!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M20FanJesse said:

I made a whole album here you can see more of the pics! I flew the 150 in the one picture, next to the TBM. 

PICTURE ALBUM

LRG_DSC03100.JPG

LRG_DSC03036.JPG

Darn good looking Eagle on that top photo if I say so myself:).....I didn’t notice my old J was there, N36CE, I looked on the sign up list but didn’t see it before I went up. Looks good with the new paint job! 

Great job on the photos!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kmyfm20s said:

Darn good looking Eagle on that top photo if I say so myself:).....I didn’t notice my old J was there, N36CE, I looked on the sign up list but didn’t see it before I went up. Looks good with the new paint job! 

Great job on the photos!

Great photos.  Love the attention to the details and design of our planes.  Thanks so much for posting this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Hummmm....Judges need to re investigate the longest flight...

Agreed. I spoke to a guy with a modded blue and white C that was parked near me that flew 10,000 miles to the fly in!! He was from Salem Oregon and admittedly he took the looooooonnnngg way to get to the meet. Basically the stop in Paso Robles to the fly in was his last stop before home on a trip that had him circumnavigate the Gulf of Mexico. I don't know all the details, but it was something like Oregon to Colorado, to florida, over Cuba, down the Caribbean island chain to Venezuela  and then over to Cozumel, Mexico, then back to California then to Paso Robles for the fly in and when he took off, he was headed to his home again in Salem Oregon.

I think that qualifies as the longest distance flown to the fly in!! Sadly he showed up just as lunch was finishing and people were already starting to depart. So he pretty much just gassed up and left. I was lucky enough to talk to him and hear about his adventure flying (this is not the only crazy long trip he has done with his Mooney) while he was waiting for the fuel truck to show up. Sadly, I can't remember his name because I suck like that and I can't remember his N number either. I do remember it was real short and I think it had a 2 in it. I'm sure Phil could figure out the details on this guy. Maybe he can share some of his stories and get his well deserved award.

;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DaV8or said:

Agreed. I spoke to a guy with a modded blue and white C that was parked near me that flew 10,000 miles to the fly in!! He was from Salem Oregon and admittedly he took the looooooonnnngg way to get to the meet. Basically the stop in Paso Robles to the fly in was his last stop before home on a trip that had him circumnavigate the Gulf of Mexico. I don't know all the details, but it was something like Oregon to Colorado, to florida, over Cuba, down the Caribbean island chain to Venezuela  and then over to Cozumel, Mexico, then back to California then to Paso Robles for the fly in and when he took off, he was headed to his home again in Salem Oregon.

I think that qualifies as the longest distance flown to the fly in!! Sadly he showed up just as lunch was finishing and people were already starting to depart. So he pretty much just gassed up and left. I was lucky enough to talk to him and hear about his adventure flying (this is not the only crazy long trip he has done with his Mooney) while he was waiting for the fuel truck to show up. Sadly, I can't remember his name because I suck like that and I can't remember his N number either. I do remember it was real short and I think it had a 2 in it. I'm sure Phil could figure out the details on this guy. Maybe he can share some of his stories and get his well deserve

;)

I think I saw that guy... was it N5MD?

At their home airport in Lakeport, CA.
Lampson Field 1O2
Closer to you than the one down in Paso Robles.

That’s awesome, if the weather had been better on Sunday to come back and I didn’t have a three week old I would of been there. It looked great. And I planned for 6 months before I take my little girl flying and that will be September so we will be there:)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

That’s awesome, if the weather had been better on Sunday to come back and I didn’t have a three week old I would of been there. It looked great. And I planned for 6 months before I take my little girl flying and that will be September so we will be there:)

Speaking of weather, the weather Saturday for our meet was BEAUTIFUL. No turbulence, winds light, temperature perfect, whereas the weather Friday OR Sunday was not! Somebody was watching out for us. We picked a great day to do this. Great seeing everyone!!!

• Like 6