Central CA Fly-in - KPRB , Paso Robles April 14th

Skates97

Central CA Fly-in - KPRB (April 7 or 14)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Please check off which date you can attend

• April 7th
    • April 14th
    • Either Date

4 minutes ago, mooneyflyer said:

38 Mooneys an still 2 1/2 weeks to go.  Mike Rogers would like to hit 50.  Spread the word.

Thats freaking awesome. I mean, I can let all the SoCal pilots know on reddit.com/r/flying forum. But thats just a mixed bag of pilots, not mooney specific. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mooneyflyer said:

38 Mooneys an still 2 1/2 weeks to go.  Mike Rogers would like to hit 50.  Spread the word.

There are a few Mooney's at Corona that I don't know if they are on any of the boards. I am going to print off Mike's flyer, leave it on the one's parked outside, and slip it between the doors on the ones where I know their hangars are. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mooneyflyer said:

This is so great.  38 Mooneys so far. AND the Ultra being flown in is even better. 

So appreciative of the response we have been getting. 

Thanks everyone. 

Michael Rodgers

Mooniac Pic Logo.jpg

If anyone in CA can verify that it was Gordon Holley that perished 2 days ago in his Mooney E, and that if he is survived by his SO Patricia, Please PM me so that I can mobilize the Mooney Summit's Bill Gilliland foundation to assist. @mooneygirl, perhaps you could provide the SO some grief counseling 

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2018/03/mooney-m20-fatal-accident-occurred.html

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=N213EJ

• Sad 1

Mooney Flyin photo op.....I plan to operate off the striped keep clear area of the ramp shown in photo and fly the path of the yellow circle with camera lense pointing to center.About 2 or three orbits should do it and I won't start till I'm sure everybody is parked and shut down.Ive just received " geo fencing disable authorization "from DJI the aircraft and softaware provider that will allow aircraft to even take off inside an aircraft boundary.However,I have no way of testing this in time for flyin and DJI being in China has been known to screw this up.If that happens..I gotta use a older ,non geofenced aircraft and hand fly the circle which will NOT be as pretty.I need 1 volunteer as spotter and handheld radio operator..K

IMG_0039.PNG

• Like 1

Ok your volunteered...just monitor the Unicom freq and alert me if another aircraft is coming down that taxiway.Or starting up on the ramp to exit etc...Also you can use the handheld to alert other traffic that a drone is orbiting the ramp at 100 agl.

1 hour ago, thinwing said:

Ok your volunteered...just monitor the Unicom freq and alert me if another aircraft is coming down that taxiway.Or starting up on the ramp to exit etc...Also you can use the handheld to alert other traffic that a drone is orbiting the ramp at 100 agl.

Can do, just need to borrow a handheld from someone, or this is an excuse to buy one.

Anybody have any experience with this one?

YAESU VERTEX FTA 550 VHF HANDHELD RADIO - AA BATTERY PACK

29 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

or this is an excuse to buy one.

This is the one I have.  http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/sporty-s-sp-400-handheld-nav-com-aviation-radio.html

I have not had to use it in flight however, I have used it on the ground numerous times and seems to work well.  There was a thread around here were folks talked about the different ones they fly with.  I just can't remember if it was a stand-alone thread or thread drift.

Found it: 

Edited by kpaul

8 hours ago, SantosDumont said:

430AM?  Why so slow?  You pull back to 25% and only get 100kts at 3.5 GPH or something?

Well, I’ve revised a little, lol.  I’m not really sure what I did in my head, but my brain calculator must have been broken.  I mentally calculated about 5 hrs air time, with a fuel stop. When I actually plugged all the data in, it’s 3.5 hrs with no fuel stop.

• Like 2