Looking for a good reputable IA for Pre Buy Inspection in Seattle near KSHN

Shawn26

How far are they willing to fly it for the inspection?  There is a Mooney Service Center at Troutdale (TTD) near Portland and a new one at Bellingham (BLI).

Advanced Aircraft Services, LLC
1590 NW Perimeter Way
Troutdale, Oregon  97060

503-465-2298

Command Aviation

877.770.1070 toll free
4201 Mitchell Way
Bellingham, WA 98226

We (and several other Mooney owners) have our plane maintained by

B&C Quality Aircraft Maintenance, LLC
253-278-4832

Mike (B&C) is based at Auburn (S50).

There is another maintenance group that does quite a few Mooneys at Auburn:

Cornerstone Aviation, LLC
253-939-8750

7 hours ago, Shawn26 said:

Hello,

Looking for a good reputable IA for Pre Buy Inspection in Seattle near KSHN on a Mooney M20J. Any recommendation around the vicinity. Thanks 

Advanced Aircraft is a MSC and Greg is the person to talk to.  They do good work, but do charge a bit more for work.  I don't know how much they charge for a pre-buy, but they generally seem to run $850-950 at a MSC. 

On the other hand, a pre-buy does not technically require an IA, since it's not really an FAA inspection, it can be done by anyone, although I assume you'd want it to be at least an A&P ;)

6 hours ago, Shawn26 said:

Thanks a lot. I would rather have a IA do the pre buy inspection and not A&P so they can look at all the logs as well. 

I'm not sure this makes the significant amount of difference that you think it makes.  You're better off looking for a mechanic that knows Mooneys and their problem areas instead of a guy who hasn't been out of his office in 10 years but happens to have his IA.