Oil pressure gauge weirdness

Joe Larussa

Mine did the identical thing, except it swung  ever so slightly more to the left, into the top of the yellow.  At first I figured it was a grounding problem since we had issues only a few months before and it was the same symptoms. When I landed I checked the oil, only to find none. The tear down and ensuing overhaul were not a pleasant nor cheap experience.

I would have thought that the needle would have been pegged to the left, but this is what we can expect with 35+ year old machines.

• Sad 1

On 2/14/2018 at 5:17 PM, flyboy0681 said:

Mine did the identical thing, except it swung  ever so slightly more to the left, into the top of the yellow.  At first I figured it was a grounding problem since we had issues only a few months before and it was the same symptoms. When I landed I checked the oil, only to find none. The tear down and ensuing overhaul were not a pleasant nor cheap experience.

I would have thought that the needle would have been pegged to the left, but this is what we can expect with 35+ year old machines.

Uh? Where did the oil go?

3 minutes ago, Joe Larussa said:

Uh? Where did the oil go?

Teardown found a stuck exhaust value so it all burned up. There was absolutely no indication on the panel that something was amiss, oil temperature was in the normal range and she was running very smoothly even until shutdown.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, flyboy0681 said:

Teardown found a stuck exhaust value so it all burned up. There was absolutely no indication on the panel that something was amiss, oil temperature was in the normal range and she was running very smoothly even until shutdown.

How many hours did you have on the engine?

On 2/13/2018 at 8:10 PM, KSMooniac said:

It could be the ground wire...try tightening the screws around the strip gauges. One of them holds a ground wire to the back of the panel.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Just came to mind, I have the old style gauge where a hose hooks up to the

gauge.