O-360-A1A in M20C?

Hello,  I have recently purchased a '63 M20C.  The engine was immediately making metal (brass).  Would an O-360-A1D (carbureted) be a replacement engine for my c model?  Will the prop and accessories fot the same?  The engines I see are from Comanche 180's. I do not see any viable uses A1D engines for sale.  I am trying to keep the costs low as I just bought the airplane.  Thank you so much for looking.

Edited by trecool44
Added to title

Here ya go  right off the FAA Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS)

IV. Model M20C, 4 PCLM (Normal Category); Approved October 20, 1961 Engine Textron-Lycoming O-360-A1D or O-360-A1A (Carburetor MA4-5, Flow Setting P/N 10-3878, 10-3878-M, or 10-4164-1).

11 hours ago, pmccand said:

Find a good A&P and talk about the possibility of doing a user-assist tear-down and overhaul. I have done it MANY times and enjoyed the process.  Last overhaul was done for a very reasonable price... FAR less than the big shops and just as good end product.  I have ZERO reservations doing field overhauls.

Compared to car, bike, boat engines these airplane engines are pretty simple with very sloppy tolerances.

-Robert