Battery and Oil Cooler Relocation on a '63 C Model

So there are 3 big things my mechanic and I have been kicking around for the next annual. First mount the battery in the tail of the plane since my aircraft is already nose heavy with a 3-blade prop. Second and Third, use a larger oil cooler and mount it at the rear of the doghouse where the battery used to be. Has anyone else done this on a C model? I've seen the STC's for later models but was not sure if there was one for the C model.

53 minutes ago, steingar said:

DO NOT PUT YOUR BATTERY IN THE TAIL!!!!

I hope I've been sufficiently emphatic.  First cold day you try and get an engine start you won't like it.

I've only ever had problems starting when doing hot starts. I've gotten it to crank over just fine when the voltmeter was reading 9v on the battery :)

5 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Battery in the back works great. Many sub zero starts this winter with no problems whatsoever. Should be impossible because my Gill battery is over a year old...;)

Are you moving the oil cooler for high temps?

Yeah, it can get pretty toasty in the summer. I'd also like to put the larger oil cooler that is used on the io-360's for better cooling and it seems to make sense to do a relocation and a larger cooler all at once instead of cutting a larger hole in the cowl. 

5 hours ago, steingar said:

DO NOT PUT YOUR BATTERY IN THE TAIL!!!!

I hope I've been sufficiently emphatic.  First cold day you try and get an engine start you won't like it.

I'm also confused by this. although the battery in my C is under the cowl. When it's cold, I plug in my oil pan heat for an hour [or overnight], then spin the prop by hand for about 3 revolutions. Even in Ohio winters, she cranked right up! don't see how moving the battery will affect that . . . .