Maintainance manual and parts catalogue needed.

Peter T

Going to be new to Mooney ownership. Am going to want to be involved in owner assisted maintenance. Aircraft in question is a 1993 M20J. Are the manuals specific to year and model? Can I get them free online?Any help is appreciated. If desired, you can email me directly at pthiessen.peter@gmail.com.

Welcome aboard!

There are both maintenance and parts manuals available from your local Mooney Service Center (MSC) or Mooney International. There is a small charge for them, but they come on a thumb drive and are extremely useful. The J model is what I have and the manuals cover all year of production.

When you get some time, fill out your avatar some more and let us know some more about you and your plane.

@carusoam should be along shortly to do the semi-official welcome. :)

• Like 2

This has been extremely helpful. I am up around Vancouver British Columbia and do not have a local MSC available to me. My AME ( who has been maintaining a 231) and I will do the best we can with what we have. I am glad that there is a large and helpful American Mooney community out  there to lean on. I am also interested in having my POH available to me in digital form. Should I have mine scanned and download it or is there one out there for a 93 M20J SN: 24-3287.  I believe the POH # is 3202B.

Thanks again

Edited by P. T.

1 hour ago, P. T. said:

This has been extremely helpful. I am up around Vancouver British Columbia and do not have a local MSC available to me. My AME ( who has been maintaining a 231) and I will do the best we can with what we have. I am glad that there is a large and helpful American Mooney community out  there to lean on. I am also interested in having my POH available to me in digital form. Should I have mine scanned and download it or is there one out there for a 93 M20J SN: 24-3287.  I believe the POH # is 3202B.

Thanks again

If you contact Frank Crawford at Mooney International, he should be able to help you out. (830) 792-2920 or fcrawford at mooney dot com.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P. T. said:

Thanks again

I just scanned mine and reprinted it in a half-height note-binder.   That way, the original is in safekeeping, and the copy goes in the plane, and I can flip through the pdf whenever I want to online.  Each POH is supposed to be tied to a specific plane, so you're not supposed to use generic ones, even if the revision number is the same.  Realistically, of course, the only difference is in the weight/balance section and the S/N printed on the cover page.

7 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

I just scanned mine and reprinted it in a half-height note-binder.   That way, the original is in safekeeping, and the copy goes in the plane, and I can flip through the pdf whenever I want to online.  Each POH is supposed to be tied to a specific plane, so you're not supposed to use generic ones, even if the revision number is the same.  Realistically, of course, the only difference is in the weight/balance section and the S/N printed on the cover page.

More than that.  The afm includes an update for any autopilot, engine monitor, gps etc. it’s very custom to your plane.  The STC approval to allow these installs is predicated on you  updating the afm  

-Robert

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RobertGary1 said:

More than that.  The afm includes an update for any autopilot, engine monitor, gps etc. it’s very custom to your plane.  The STC approval to allow these installs is predicated on you  updating the afm  

-Robert

Well, yes, I guess I was thinking only of the stuff that comes from Mooney, not the AFMS section.

On 2018-02-13 at 10:20 AM, P. T. said:

Going to be new to Mooney ownership. Am going to want to be involved in owner assisted maintenance. Aircraft in question is a 1993 M20J. Are the manuals specific to year and model? Can I get them free online?Any help is appreciated. If desired, you can email me directly at pthiessen.peter@gmail.com.

Did you receive my PM?

Clarence

Yes I did Clarence, thank you very much.  But I had already got what I needed in the way of a service manual and parts catalogue from a post on February 13. If you scroll back up a few you can see. Thanks again for all the help. 

Peter