2018 Caravan Registration

gsxrpilot

Registration for the 2018 Mooney Caravan is now open.

http://www.mooneycaravan.com/registration

Note:  The Caravan flies on Saturday this year instead of Sunday. There are limited rooms available at a discount in Madison, so get registered and book your hotel. It's all on the registration page.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 3:30 PM, kpaul said:

SAVE THE DATE: The Annual Mid-Atlantic Group (MAG) Mooney Caravan Clinic is scheduled for 22-24 June at Lynchburg, VA (KLYH).  http://www.mooneycaravan.com/training

KP, Goat will be updating that notice. He has had to move the site from LYH to DAN, hotel unavailability. Same weekend.

If you’re planning on flying in the Caravan, please determine how you’ll demonstrate proficiency and currency to flight Ops and Lead. For East Coast folks, that’s Jim Rigoulot and Adam Carney, who are the Board members from that region.

Jim is MAG leader and ultimately responsible for assembling elements from his region. Adam is Deputy Lead this year and will support Lead in assembling those elements into sections for the Caravan flight.

FFI, FAST, et al are a great way to obtain and maintain proficiency (just passed a FAST check ride myself) but ultimately the individual officers responsible for executing the Caravan flight are also responsible for confirming each individual pilot is proficient and current.

And yes Captain Gravel, we have phone number for you to copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steingar said:

I do have a  question for the wise.  I looked at the schedule on the Caravan website, kinda looks like I have to show up Thursday.  Any thoughts?  While I love spending time with my Mooney peeps a mandatory Thursday arrival could create some difficulty.

The Caravan flies on Saturday this year. That means that we need to stage in Madison, KMSN, on Friday. There is no need to arrive on Thursday, but a Friday arrival is mandatory. 

Basically everyone needs to be parked in the proper formation location on the ramp at MSN, fueled, loaded, checked in, and ready to go by Friday night. Saturday morning we will brief and then launch for OSH.

Thursday arrivals are optional and might allow for some practice sorties on Friday. But it's not required.

I'm happy to answer any questions. So don't hesitate to reach out.

On 2/16/2018 at 12:16 PM, N9201A said:

If you’re planning on flying in the Caravan, please determine how you’ll demonstrate proficiency and currency to flight Ops and Lead. For East Coast folks, that’s Jim Rigoulot and Adam Carney, who are the Board members from that region.

Jim is MAG leader and ultimately responsible for assembling elements from his region. Adam is Deputy Lead this year and will support Lead in assembling those elements into sections for the Caravan flight.

FFI, FAST, et al are a great way to obtain and maintain proficiency (just passed a FAST check ride myself) but ultimately the individual officers responsible for executing the Caravan flight are also responsible for confirming each individual pilot is proficient and current.

And yes Captain Gravel, we have phone number for you to copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yves and I have always done our training together here in Ottawa without a clinic and then demonstrated proficiency in Madison to the satisfaction of the Ops Director (Dave Marten, Cowboy).  Done that about four times now.  The advanced clinic is/was just an opportunity to push the limits of precision to improve my Lead performance from two years ago when we got split into two-ship formations because of weather.  So that part has been done. 

However, I have just been told by Lee that the advanced clinic is not happening.  So I am going to try and join the MAG Mooney Caravan Clinic scheduled for 22-24 June at Danville, VA (KDAN). Should be listed on http://www.mooneycaravan.com/training but I do not see it there.  It looks like I will be back from Hong Kong the week before so I should be OK to go.  I look forward to seeing Jim and Sled there.

And for those who know anything about military traditions, that'l be one beer I am owed.  When citing the rank, it should be the correct one.  ;)  

Yeah, so far this thread has the only mention I've seen of some formation training in which I can participate.  Can't make it down to Texas or Florida to do it.  I can probably make it to Virginia.  Last time I did this was years ago for the Cherokees to Oshkosh, and it was a blast.  So if this Virginia training materializes you all can count my pale hairy ugly fat six in.