Any Mooney Owners in Albany Ny

Diver721

I have an M20C based out of Saratoga. There are a handful of Mooney owners between Albany and Schenectady, with a couple more with me at Saratoga. 

I have not had any major service issues in my short ownership but have nothing but good things to say about the service guys at North American at Saratoga. Brian and his team are good guys. 

Hildt aviation has a great reputation but I believe they moved their aircraft maintainence to Bennington from Albany. Richmore does the service at Schenectady and is busy with their flight school planes and jet work. I have not heard much bad or good about them but they certainly do a lot of work and are busy. I feel like I would of heard horror stories if there was any. I know at least one M20J that uses them for service and has for at least 10 years with no issues. 

sounds good. For the most part it would just be my wife (5"6 125lbs) and two kids (2 and 3). So i think i should be able to pull it off. I'm a little skeptical of the one i'm looking at because it does have a recent gear up but is currently at Air Mods in Nj being repaired. They actually own it now and would be the sellers. From the research i've done is that they are a top notch shop that knows mooney's well. I'm kinda frustrated by this because its actually a plane that i tried buying when i first started looking and then it was geared up after the buy. 

[mention=16823]Diver721[/mention]KJHW in Jamestown, NY has a Mooney Service Center.  I used them and was happy with them when I had my Acclaim.   There were always several Mooneys in their hanger.   It is probably an hour Mooney flight for you.

Brad

Were they in Dunkirk at one time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16 hours ago, Marauder said:

Were they in Dunkirk at one time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the MSC was in Jamestown.  The sales branch looks like they have planes in Dunkirk and Jamestown.  The avionics shop at KJHW is Dunkirk avionics.  Dunkirk and Jamestown are pretty close.  I am sure there is some history there that I am unaware of.

Brad

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BradB said:

I think the MSC was in Jamestown.  The sales branch looks like they have planes in Dunkirk and Jamestown.  The avionics shop at KJHW is Dunkirk avionics.  Dunkirk and Jamestown are pretty close.  I am sure there is some history there that I am unaware of.

Brad

I used to be based at 7G0 and flew quite a lot to Jamestown for the restaurant. I remember an MSC in the area but I don't think it was ever in Jamestown when I was up there in the 1990s. Did you ever use Erie Airways? I had a Narco installed there in the early 1990s. Think the guy that owned the shop was Joe something (Fisher?).

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 1:54 PM, Marauder said:

I used to be based at 7G0 and flew quite a lot to Jamestown for the restaurant. I remember an MSC in the area but I don't think it was ever in Jamestown when I was up there in the 1990s. Did you ever use Erie Airways? I had a Narco installed there in the early 1990s. Think the guy that owned the shop was Joe something (Fisher?).

I’ve never hear of Erie airways, but I learned to fly in WV in 1992 and after a 20+yr break, picked it up again about 3 years ago - so there is a lot that I have missed.   

• Like 2