B2D Brittain Wing Leveler parts

Anyone have an old B2D Brittain wing leveler in their Mooney? I have two new air filters, a regulator and two cap plugs for the back of the bracket. I ordered the from Brittain last year before they closed and don't need them anymore. Think I paid about $60 for them.  They are probably worth a million dollars.  LOL....

For those of us that will have to maintain the system: if you peel back the Brittain sticker off the air filter, you will find this part number

https://www.walmart.com/ip/FRAM-Fuel-Filter-G12/16817248?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=618&adid=22222222227016736218&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40838584712&wl4=pla-78651944552&wl5=9010815&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=16817248&wl13=618&veh=sem

Edited by tony
  • Like 1

Wish I had that information last year.  Since my filters are new I will double check that part number for you.  OK the filters are not worth anything but the regulator was manufactured just for me because for some reason mine was missing.  I also have the pilot directions somewhere that Brittain emailed me to help me troubleshoot problems.    

10 hours ago, tony said:

Are liquid (fuel) filters also working for air?

Yves

In principal, there is not much difference between most flowing gases and liquids.  A filter will remove contaminants that don't fit through the holes in the filter media for both.  

But, there is an enormous difference in filtering ability between a single sheet of filter paper and an engineered, multi-layer filter medium.  I searched for performance specs of generic in-line fuel filters for automotive use, and came up with nothing.   The Brittain turn/skid indicator in my a/c had two of those filters installed.   Rather than use two filters of unknown performance, I purchased a Rapco RA1J10-1 that can supply air to two instruments and connected both hoses to it.