Garmin G5 Flush Mount $50 / 75

Aerodon

Good Afternoon Gentleman,

I apologize up front for reviving an older thread, but was curious AeroDon if your recessed flushmount brackets would work to replace a KI-256/525 AI and HSI Combo on the M20M Bravo?  It looks like it may require cutting out a portion of the panel to allow for the G5's to be fully recessed.  Your flush mount kits seems to be the best I have seen offered, and I was just curious if we could customize it a bit to for this installation.  I figured if I attached the four corners and cut out the spacing between the KI-256 and 525, it would allow for a perfectly recessed pair of G5's.  The included brackets with the G5 kit would actually leave a slight gap on either side of the G5, and that is mostly why I decided to go the flush mount route for this installation.  I am sure there are other mooney's out there with this existing combination who would also be interested.  I would be willing to provide any pictures you may need if that would help...

Cheers!

Nic

3 hours ago, Flynic3 said:

Good Afternoon Gentleman,

I apologize up front for reviving an older thread, but was curious AeroDon if your recessed flushmount brackets would work to replace a KI-256/525 AI and HSI Combo on the M20M Bravo?  It looks like it may require cutting out a portion of the panel to allow for the G5's to be fully recessed.  Your flush mount kits seems to be the best I have seen offered, and I was just curious if we could customize it a bit to for this installation.  I figured if I attached the four corners and cut out the spacing between the KI-256 and 525, it would allow for a perfectly recessed pair of G5's.  The included brackets with the G5 kit would actually leave a slight gap on either side of the G5, and that is mostly why I decided to go the flush mount route for this installation.  I am sure there are other mooney's out there with this existing combination who would also be interested.  I would be willing to provide any pictures you may need if that would help...

Cheers!

Nic

Hi Nic,

Yes I can customize the mounts, but I have found the Mooney panels a little tight.  Attached is an image of an overlay to go on top of the panel to hide a bit of a gap with a pair of flush mounted G5's.  Send me some pictures via email and I can see what I can do.

My current recommendation is to spend more on GI-275's and less on labour to make the G5's fit.  Garmin make an adaptor plate that will make them fit, and you also don't need the remote GAD29B box (not needed).

supercub180@gmail.com

Don

IMG_3523.jpg

• Like 2

Good Morning,

I greatly appreciate the response Aerodon... I recommended the GI-275's and feel this this would be the better choice as well.  That being said,  the customer is adamant that they would like to stick with the G5's in order to have the same setup as their other aircraft.  I will send along some photo's of the panel shortly... and I greatly appreciate your assistance in this matter!

Warm Regards,

Nic

• 1 month later...