$100 Engine Montitor

Yetti

I picked up the Node-Red bug again.   Node-Red is a visual coding wiring together of things.   Building on the Raspberry PI.  

I need 8 Thermocouple to monitor the engine.  

We need to convert the analog thermocouple signal to digital

15182073112034359411681177589409.jpg

Edited by Yetti

Lessee, 8 thermocouples . . .

• 4 EGT
  • 4 CHT
  • Oil Temp
  • Carb temp (for me, anyway)
  • OAT

Oops, one of us cain't count!

Will it handle Pressure Transducers for Oil, Fuel and Manifold Pressure? And so ething for Fuel Flow?

That's all I need . . . . Got a fresh, crisp Franklin for a finished unit that looks neat and works.  :lol:

Seriously, I didn't realize the Build-Your-Own Raspberry Pi craze went quite this far. But I could be convinced to like it!

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Lessee, 8 thermocouples . . .

• 4 EGT
  • 4 CHT
  • Oil Temp
  • Carb temp (for me, anyway)
  • OAT

Oops, one of us cain't count!

Will it handle Pressure Transducers for Oil, Fuel and Manifold Pressure? And so ething for Fuel Flow?

That's all I need . . . . Got a fresh, crisp Franklin for a finished unit that looks neat and works.  :lol:

Seriously, I didn't realize the Build-Your-Own Raspberry Pi craze went quite this far. But I could be convinced to like it!

Oh you want the advanced version that will be $150.00 and released in version 2.   dang free loaders causing scope creep

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dream to fly said:

We????   I know about "we" and that usually means many.....  and a phase that starts out "hey watch this"     I would check mouser electronics or omega systems.

going the CB route and 2 day delivery off Amazon prime for development, then can switch to certified probes once it is working.   Only thing cheap about a plane is the pilot

• Like 2

sensor -> amplifier(analog to digital) -> Raspberry PI -> I2C to read digital input -> webpage -> wifi -> tablet ->  eyeball -> brain -> hand -> throttle/mixture -> fuel servo

Mostly following the Stratux route replacing Google code with Node-red

• Like 1

You really need a dedicated thermocouple IC to take care of the challenges you are going to encounter with a programable amp. Take a look at Analog Devices  AD8494 family. 

http://www.analog.com/en/analog-dialogue/articles/measuring-temp-using-thermocouples.html

Edited by N601RX

5 hours ago, Yetti said:

You add a web server to raspberry PI computer.   the web server then serves up a web page to your network created over the wifi in your airplane

Thanks. That's clear . . . ly semi-intelligible. I can figure out most things that I can hold in my hands, but electrons are too small and often behave in unpredictable manners (see capacitors, diodes and transistors; see also induced current; see also my grades in required EE courses . . . . )