I thought I always wanted to be an airline pilot!,

thinwing

So....  in the example cited in the OP, can we be confident that the same pilot who made all those questionable life-decisions is a paragon of sound ADM?   :ph34r:

"Aeronautical decision-making (ADM) is decision-making in a unique environment—aviation. It is a systematic approach to the mental process used by pilots to consistently determine the best course of action in response to a given set of circumstances. It is what a pilot intends to do based on the latest information he or she has.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mooneymite said:

So....  in the example cited in the OP, can we be confident that the same pilot who made all those questionable life-decisions is a paragon of sound ADM?   :ph34r:

"Aeronautical decision-making (ADM) is decision-making in a unique environment—aviation. It is a systematic approach to the mental process used by pilots to consistently determine the best course of action in response to a given set of circumstances. It is what a pilot intends to do based on the latest information he or she has.

I don't see a correlation between rational aeronautical decision making and being led through life by the wrong head . . .  :D

• Haha 3

I don’t see why these guys don’t go marry a wife who makes the same money as they do. Same skin in the game as you, and. if you split up it’s a hell of a lot more equitable. 

Edited by jetdriven

51 minutes ago, Ah-1 Cobra Pilot said:

The lesson is:  Do no get divorced!

Never get a divorce!

Divorce is Wrong!

There is no reason to ever get divorced!

Don't you know, hitmen are cheaper than lawyers?

It ain't the lawyer bills, it's the house payments where you don't live anymore, support fkr the woman who won't live with you anymore, and the child support payments for the child(ren) who don't live with you any more. Then trying to afford shelter and food for yourself out of what is left over . . . . 'cause the judge always wants them paid first.

Hitmen are always an option, but the last time I recommended the Shakespearean solution to the lawyer problem, many lawyers fussed at me . . . There are many more lawyers just in my small town than I could ever afford hitmen for . . . . .  :D  :ph34r:  :blink:

5 hours ago, Ah-1 Cobra Pilot said:

The lesson is:  Do no get divorced!

Never get a divorce!

Divorce is Wrong!

There is no reason to ever get divorced!

Don't you know, hitmen are cheaper than lawyers?

But, there is no “hitman client” confidentiality privilege :ph34r:

On 2/9/2018 at 10:56 AM, Hank said:

I don't see a correlation between rational aeronautical decision making and being led through life by the wrong head . . .  :D

The example pilot obviously proceeded into a dangerous situation without taking any actions to mitigate the risk.  Its' not a whole lot different than a pilot who faces  1000 foot ceilings (and dropping)    who opts to fly over mountains instead of going around.   If you have a job where you can live in almost any state, and you plan on getting married, at least pick a state where divorce and child support are less damaging!  There is a thing called a prenuptial too.    Bad decision making

• Haha 1