Mooney N94MR- Paint Project

mooneyman

Thinking about it, I was all over 94MR in early 1994 when I was picking up my new J at the factory. The Ovation was an unknown quantity back then, and 94MR had a 'cute' paint job, noting that all factory paint back then was marginal, at best.

She looks much better now! :wub:

• Like 1

Absolutely gorgeous! New ones from the factory look very pretty also, I dont think Mooney gets PO'd when someone steps up to keep their older plane in such pristine shape. This level of pride of ownership only helps Mooney's sales and marketing
MVIMG_20171216_121254.thumb.jpg.8dae52496ffc3ddd7cd1614eeca081f1.jpg

They added vortex generators now? Yuk!

47 minutes ago, teejayevans said:

They added vortex generators now? Yuk!

If I recall correctly, N242PT lives in Chile, South America and goes into and out of airfields which might be a wee bit short for Mooney Acclaims. I believe @mike_elliott worked with them and found there was no real loss of speed, but much better low speed handling with reduced stall speed.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Small world.  Was driving away from my hangar this morning and saw a lovely plane in the back of the maintenance hangar.  I stopped, got out, and checked her out.  Googled the tail number and found her here. Amazing paint job in person. 

On 3/21/2018 at 1:37 PM, Oldguy said:

If I recall correctly, N242PT lives in Chile, South America and goes into and out of airfields which might be a wee bit short for Mooney Acclaims. I believe @mike_elliott worked with them and found there was no real loss of speed, but much better low speed handling with reduced stall speed.

I'd love to see some before/after numbers. I wonder if any short bodies are running them. My plane rarely goes into anything longer than 4,000'

On 8/4/2018 at 12:48 PM, Raptor05121 said:

I'd love to see some before/after numbers. I wonder if any short bodies are running them. My plane rarely goes into anything longer than 4,000'

The people at Micro VG in their test data show an 8% reduction in stall speed for an M20M. I fly in an out of a 3800 ft airpark and it has an 80 foot wide runway. But there are trees on one end and towers on the other, plus high density altitude in the summer. I am leaning towards micro vg's just as an added margin.

EDIT: I did it and am happy with the results.  Coming in over the fence at 65 knots with no mushy feel is nice. I also feel that if I ever had to put it down in a field I’d like to do it just above stall speed - lowering that stall speed can’t be a bad thing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

The people at Micro VG in their test data show an 8% reduction in stall speed for an M20M. I fly in an out of a 3800 ft airpark and it has an 80 foot wide runway. But there are trees on one end and towers on the other, plus high density altitude in the summer. I am leaning towards micro vg's just as an added margin.

I'd be very interested in before/after numbers if you do this.  Does your Bravo currently make book speed at book fuel flows?

-dan

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:06 AM, Mooney-Mark said:

Gorgeous paint job! Nothing like new paint to cause you to fall in love with your airplane again! Did you do the interior as well?

I didn't think the interior looked to bad until I got it back from the paint shop. Now that the paint looks so good, a refresh for the interior is definitely on my list.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, NJMac said:

Small world.  Was driving away from my hangar this morning and saw a lovely plane in the back of the maintenance hangar.  I stopped, got out, and checked her out.  Googled the tail number and found her here. Amazing paint job in person. 

Definitely, a small world. Plane is getting annual inspection done now. I'm in hangar 14. How long have you been based at DAY?

I'm in hangar 6. Only been there about a month.

Definitely, a small world. Plane is getting annual inspection done now. I'm in hangar 14. How long have you been based at DAY?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk