Cabin Width

takair

5 hours ago, Oliver said:

Haha, not really but I still like your answer.

It‘s just that the cockpit felt so much more spacious than our M20E that I have a hard time believing that something relatively minor like new door panels could be responsible for that.

Bruce Jaeger makes new side panels that bow in between the steel tubes, creating more space. The feeling is sufficiently different that he calls it the Spatial Interior. Maybe @Marauder  will post some measurements of his?

On my plane and an Ovation, we took a tape measure to the cockpit armrest to armrest dimension.  The O is wider.  Also, the O is significantly wider in the back seat.

Too bad I'm too cheap to say it is worth the price difference.

craig

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hank said:

Bruce Jaeger makes new side panels that bow in between the steel tubes, creating more space. The feeling is sufficiently different that he calls it the Spatial Interior. Maybe @Marauder  will post some measurements of his?

Wow, their interior kits look really nice and seem to be quite affordable.

42 minutes ago, clh said:

On my plane and an Ovation, we took a tape measure to the cockpit armrest to armrest dimension.  The O is wider.  Also, the O is significantly wider in the back seat.

Interesting. I could have sworn it was also wider on the shoulders but probably it was indeed just the additional space at the armrest that lead to this perception.

Oliver

7 minutes ago, Oliver said:

Wow, their interior kits look really nice and seem to be quite affordable.

Interesting. I could have sworn it was also wider on the shoulders but probably it was indeed just the additional space at the armrest that lead to this perception.

Oliver

It is wider, but the shoulder position varies (i'm 5-8 and my mechanic is 6-2)... we knew the arm rests were in the same spot.