Favorable experience with Bose repair

RobertE

I’ve got both the X and 20 models ( is it called 20 or XX?  Can’t remember). Anyway, after 10 years of use of the X model one of the plastic yokes that holds the ear cup broke.  So I sent it in for repair, expecting just that part replaced.  Instead they replaced the mic, the boom, battery holder/volume control, the padded ear cups and the pad at the crown of the headset.  For about $240 I now have a near new headset.  They went above and beyond.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2018 at 2:54 PM, RobertE said:

I’ve got both the X and 20 models ( is it called 20 or XX?  Can’t remember). Anyway, after 10 years of use of the X model one of the plastic yokes that holds the ear cup broke.  So I sent it in for repair, expecting just that part replaced.  Instead they replaced the mic, the boom, battery holder/volume control, the padded ear cups and the pad at the crown of the headset.  For about $240 I now have a near new headset.  They went above and beyond.

How long was the turn-around?

UPDATE:  I just called Bose about my A20 headsets with the twin GA plugs.  I have come to realize they have a short in the cable after testing a new pair from my partner.  I thought the airplane jack had the short but turns out (deductive logic) that it appears to be in my Bose plug.  I called Bose this morning with my issue.  Without questioning, they are sending me a replacement to be delivered in three business days.  When I receive the replacement, they sent me a label to return the old ones - all free of charge.  Nice!  Thanks Bose for outstanding customer support.

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

UPDATE:  I just called Bose about my A20 headsets with the twin GA plugs.  I have come to realize they have a short in the cable after testing a new pair from my partner.  I thought the airplane jack had the short but turns out (deductive logic) that it appears to be in my Bose plug.  I called Bose this morning with my issue.  Without questioning, they are sending me a replacement to be delivered in three business days.  When I receive the replacement, they sent me a label to return the old ones - all free of charge.  Nice!  Thanks Bose for outstanding customer support.

Replacement of the down cord or the entire headset?

It was unclear, I wondered that after I got off the phone.  I was happy for the replacement.  The email states: "A20,BT,EL,GA,FLEX PWR"

Maybe it is just the down cord because I think that would work, too, but we'll see.

I had the same thing happen with my old Bose X last year. I called customer service and they suggested I mail it in for the $240 repair. Spoke with a service manager and he mailed me the replacement stirrup for both sides Free of charge and I installed them. That is service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you need the new stirrups for the X, email zack3dprints AT gmail.com. 

$47 and he will send you new in your choice of color.  Lifetime Warranty.  They're WAY stronger than the Bose.  I don't think I could break them if I wanted to.    

I'll put some pics up over the weekend.  I was going to make a topic just for them, but just saw this post